Old 09-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #29
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
I’m so sorry you’re having a deal with all this. We’ve all worked hard to be in a position to own our TT and to see it destroyed out of shear meanness is heartbreaking. I know a lot of the comments were said in jest but from the information given I’d say your only option is to move the AS to another location that is significantly more secure.
Even if/when the security cameras positively identify the people or person involved and they get arrested and it goes to court and they get convicted they probably will get off with minimal punishment (especially if they are under 18) and now they’ll know it was your system that ID them and things escalate.
I know having to move your AS to another location will not be as convenient for you and you’ll have extra money to pay for off-sight storage but your current location is obviously not safe. I hope you are able to find a new place for your AS that isn’t too inconvenient.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
La Pine , Oregon
A paid, secure storage facility isn't always the answer.
I have a cargo trailer that was broken into while parked in the drive. After that experience I moved it to a "secure" storage facility with electronic gate access and camera monitors.
A couple of weeks after moving it there I got a call from their management that they "thought" someone may have tried to get into my cargo trailer. I drove to the facility and the morons had actually cut off the bars at the back of the cargo trailer that secured the drop down door. I had pancake locks on all the lock locations and they couldn't use bolt cutters to cut them off so they went the next step and cut the arms! I was especially po'ed because the storage management took NO responsibility for the break-in. (It had to be someone who had a storage unit because you needed an access code to enter the facility.) Management also didn't bother to review security footage to see if they could find the perpetrator and the local police wouldn't even bother to come out to investigate.

andyherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Baileys Harbor , Wisconsin
Only solution is a locked enclosed storage area with security.

My first year I was able to find an inside storage facility. They cost in my area wasn't too bad for the winter ($500). I suppose if you have to do it year round easily much more.

What does your insurance do for you?

Does make that pole barn I spent 25,000 on worth it though in some way.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk123 View Post
razor blades and barb wire on the inside door handle. Ouch!!!

Shotgun with a string tied to door handle.

Crossbow and . . . . Oh never mind.

is how you get arrested for mansaulghter.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #33
Wolfwhistle

2013 23' International
HILLIARD , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
I've used this and a previous system (Zmodo) since January 2013 in my home and the only problem I've had is the ZOSI came without a hard drive. I installed my own and the DVR has a problem with it. I'm working with the vendor to resolve the issue. Otherwise, it's been very dependable.
Quick not to rich... I had a similar HD problem and the issue was the USB port couldn't power the HD. I added a powered USB splitter and problem solved. Just thought I would throw that out there. I apologize for the short hijack.
WW
Wolfwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwhistle View Post
Quick not to rich... I had a similar HD problem and the issue was the USB port couldn't power the HD. I added a powered USB splitter and problem solved. Just thought I would throw that out there. I apologize for the short hijack.
WW
I've done something similar. The ZOSI DVR has a circuit board with connectors for the HD data and power cables. I kept the data cable connected and use a device for connecting to hard drives (any) that has its own power supply.(It has multiple device connections for ATA, SATA or laptop drives. Lets you plug into a computer's USB and access the drive.)

This works, no failures, but I'm trying to get ZOSI to either give me a replacement or a new circuit board. So far, just a lot of back and forth.
(The one I got is no longer available but there are others. If you get rid of a computer but the hard drive is still good, this device lets you create backups or otherwise access the drive(s).)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote