Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 1997 - 1999 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #1

1999 25' Safari
Charlotte , North Carolina
99 AS Safari Cabinets delaminating

Has anyone else had the laminated fronts of the cabinets start to peel off? The two above the stove are really bad. I am unable to locate new ones and may need to find someone to make me two new ones for that location at a minimum, just so they match. My #1 disappointment with this trailer has been the cabinets and it is time to do something. Perhaps someone has a suggestion?
A quick search did not find anything for our vintage camper, just the older ones.
Thanks in advance.
Tom
tbrasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
Renassiance man

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Simi valley , California
Always been a problem
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Crystal River , Florida
I had a 99 where some of the cabinetry over the refrigerator delaminated due to leaks at the refrig vent. I thought they were beyond repair but managed to do a nice job of laminating them back together by saturating them in water proof wood glue and clamping it all back together. I used plastic wrap to keep the laminate from sticking to my clamp boards. Once the glue has an initial set you can remove the clamp boards and plastic wrap then carefully wipe the excess glue from the laminate face, then reclamp with new plastic wrap until properly cured. The same process may work for your cabinet faces if they are not too far gone. Good luck.
brokeboater is offline   Reply With Quote