Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Waco , Texas
Job one!

Got the shell off the frame. Those elevator bolts are mean! I made a few mistakes but will figure out fixes later. Put the shell on a frame with wheels so I can move it around in the shop. Now comes pulling off the rest of the floor and then restoring the frame which should just be rust removal, treatment, and paint. Anyone know a source for the inner metal wheel wells? 1968 Safari 22 foot twin. Or how about a local source for Por 15 in Waco Texas?
Thanks, Ya'll
Sky writer
Skywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
My experience on the POR-15 is that the best deals are on-line, even if you have to pay shipping. You can find it on ebay and Amazon, or at Vintage Trailer Supply. You might look for automotive specialty paint stores in your area. I have found it at AJ Foyt, which I think is a chain.

I've had a heck of a time finding wheel wells for single axle trailers. You can order some from vintagetrailering.com, but they seem kind of pricey to me. I tried to source some locally (Houston), and was looking at about $300 for the pair (which still feels pricey).

Good Luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Por15 it's self is having a sale. check there website.

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Waco , Texas
Jason and Belegedhel, thanks for the resources. I will post some pictures as progress continues. Some days we do good work and some days we just work. The next AS will be easier...but I will have to wear this one out first. I do have some rust on the frame but nothing that is going to require any replacement since it isn't structural. It will be great to actually start putting something BACK TOGETHER instead of tearing it apart.
Skywriter
Skywriter is offline   Reply With Quote