Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Stevens , Pennsylvania
Floor Replacement

I'm sure it's been covered here somewhere, but could someone please direct me to the best way to replace the entire floor in my '67? Thanks.
Evets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Hatari

1967 22' Safari
Gainesville , Georgia
Evets
I've completely removed the interior of my '67 Safari (photos on my thread elsewhere). I've started to remove the entire subfloor but due to business travel and upcoming Petite LeMans at Road Atlanta, I've drifted off point. I've not surveyed the entire site for previous removal methods but I bought a good sawsall, a 1" hole saw, and have removed the Univolt and water tank. I modified the drill bit in the holesaw to seat about 1/16" longer than the holesaw teeth. I then center punch the floor-side bolts holding the sub to the crossmembers and with the holesaw bit in, drill enough to get a "seat" for the holesaw to ride in. Then I remove the bit and carefully drill until I feel the holesaw go through the plywood. I'll take the sawsall and cut the plywood into manageable sections after cutting through the bolts and expect the floor to be removable in pieces. Mine is shot in the bath area and soft at the entry door. I'm going to replace the entire subfloor. I keep photos current on my thread.
Good luck.
Jack
Jack McAllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Stevens , Pennsylvania
Thanks Jack. Since posting my question, I've found quite a bit more info on this topic, but I certainly appreciate your input here.
Ev
Evets is offline   Reply With Quote