Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2002, 08:40 AM   #1

'66 Safari - step and window guard parts?

I bought a 66 Safari that is in great shape, but is missing a couple of parts. The steps
under the door was held up in the closed position with a self taping screw. I assume that
there was some type of latch mechanism that is now missing. Can anyone tell me how it
worked and were I might find the appropriate parts. The other part(s) missing is the cover
for the front window. All that remains are the heads of several drilled out rivets that held
something just above the window. I’ve seen various covers in photos. Again, does anyone
know what the right part is and were I might find it.
Gordon
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 11:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Gordon. Parts are not available for the old steel footstep. Immediately below the door jamb, in the center of it, appears to be a drawer finger grip. There was a small bracket type of flange that was about 3/8 inch long, that went inward towards the chassis. That is what held up the step. The replacement rockguards are available. You can see them on our web site, inlandrv.com Click on parts and then scroll to part number 34996. Click on "view part" to see it./ Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | Turkey trip »