Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
AND MAC TOO

Smile model

Confused!!!! Going by the vin number we have a 73 International. Understand the land Yacht thing. But on the trailer it says Sovereign. So which is it International or Sovereign? Love the trailer. Has minor interior work. Need to replace front panel under kitchen sink. It is missing. But other than that it has all orginal interior. Hope someone out there can help me with this.

Thanks
Jalina
Jalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:03 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
model

Greetings Jalina!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Airstream ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalina
Confused!!!! Going by the vin number we have a 73 International. Understand the land Yacht thing. But on the trailer it says Sovereign. So which is it International or Sovereign? Love the trailer. Has minor interior work. Need to replace front panel under kitchen sink. It is missing. But other than that it has all orginal interior. Hope someone out there can help me with this.

Thanks
Jalina
What you have is a Sovereign International Land Yacht. Sovereign is the model or series (like Impala or Galaxie), International is the trim level (like Deluxe or Luxury), and Land Yacht was used in reference to all Airstream coaches of the period.

Good luck with your Sovereign!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:24 AM   #3
AND MAC TOO

Smile

Kevin

Thank you for the information.
Been looking for the replacement part for the cabinet no company that I have looked at on the net has them. Maybe I am looking at the wrong sites.
Thanks Again.
Jalina
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64
Greetings Jalina!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Airstream ownership!

What you have is a Sovereign International Land Yacht. Sovereign is the model or series (like Impala or Galaxie), International is the trim level (like Deluxe or Luxury), and Land Yacht was used in reference to all Airstream coaches of the period.

Kevin
Jalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
model

Greetings Jalina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalina
Kevin

Thank you for the information.
Been looking for the replacement part for the cabinet no company that I have looked at on the net has them. Maybe I am looking at the wrong sites.
Thanks Again.
Jalina
I am not certain just when Airstream started using tambour in its cabinets, but if your cabinet fronts have a panel that resembles and operates like an old roll-top desk then you have what is referred to as tambour. For tambour, there are at least two primary vendors as well as a few others that have been mentioned - - when I had the interior of my '78 Minuet 6.0 Metre refurbished, I ordered the tambour from Tape--Ease Wood Veneer Tambours. The second source that is frequently mentioned is Winona Manufacturing Wood Veneer Tambours. If your coach doesn't have tambour, your alternative would be to seek a salvage yard with a similar unit for the cabinet part or have a local craftsman fabricate a replacement part. If you need tracks for the tambour, I believe both of the sources linked above also sell various components to create the tracks.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote