Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
N/A moving , Colorado
From Inside wall to inside wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
There are dozen of interior dimensions.

Which dimensions are you "exactly" looking for?

Andy
And also, the dimensions L x W x H of the area in the photos above your most recent post. I am not sure what that area is called but it currently has a sofa/bed..it is to the right as you enter the door.
kikileg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikileg View Post
And also, the dimensions L x W x H of the area in the photos above your most recent post. I am not sure what that area is called but it currently has a sofa/bed..it is to the right as you enter the door.
Without you being specific regarding your question, it would take days on end, to provide dimensions of everything.

Perhaps someone has that extra time.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Without you being specific regarding your question, it would take days on end, to provide dimensions of everything.

Perhaps someone has that extra time.

Andy
Andy, This is what kikileg has listed in the profile 1973 31' Sovereign. Do you need more information then this?

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #24
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverleeper View Post
Andy, This is what kikileg has listed in the profile 1973 31' Sovereign. Do you need more information then this?
Lee.

I deal with many "on site" customers, everyday.

Ball park, I also receive at least 50 phone calls a day, and some days, more than that.

I also am active with the minute to minute operations as well. I also go out in the shop, to either take care of some things, or to make parts. Then, I also do most of the ordering of parts from various vendors.

I am sorry, but as an active business person, I do not have the time to dig and dig to learn everything about what someone wants to explore, or do, or to look up someone's profile's.

I just don't have the luxury of that much available time.

As a senior citizen, I still work 40 to 50 hours per week, and that's where I must draw the line.

And then, that doesn't even take into account the time I love to spend with my fantastic wife, or take care of the "honey do's" at the house.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Sorry kikileg, Just trying to get a little clarity on the question.

Quote:
Lee.

I deal with many "on site" customers, everyday.

Ball park, I also receive at least 50 phone calls a day, and some days, more than that.

I also am active with the minute to minute operations as well. I also go out in the shop, to either take care of some things, or to make parts. Then, I also do most of the ordering of parts from various vendors.

I am sorry, but as an active business person, I do not have the time to dig and dig to learn everything about what someone wants to explore, or do, or to look up someone's profile's.

I just don't have the luxury of that much available time.

As a senior citizen, I still work 40 to 50 hours per week, and that's where I must draw the line.

And then, that doesn't even take into account the time I love to spend with my fantastic wife, or take care of the "honey do's" at the house.

Andy

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
N/A moving , Colorado
Thanks Silverleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverleeper View Post
Sorry kikileg, Just trying to get a little clarity on the question.
I thought my question was an easy one...I guess I will head out to my Airstream and take a tape measure to it.

Andy if you are having a bad day, I feel for you...but if you were too busy to answer the question why even post on it?

I am anxious to get going....just thought it was a simple question.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
I thought my question was an easy one...I guess I will head out to my Airstream and take a tape measure to it.

Andy if you are having a bad day, I feel for you...but if you were too busy to answer the question why even post on it?

I am anxious to get going....just thought it was a simple question.
Maybe it seemed simple, but not so much .... many different ways to measure. If each of us in my office went out to my AS after being instructed to just measuer LxWxH of the area (no other instructions or details), I bet each would have different dimensions. Some would include the endcap bulkhead, some would not... some would include the base of the gaucho, some not ... some would include the console, some not... etc.

Sooooo, in response to what to do about your dent: another option to replacement of the section is having Paintless Dent Repair try to pull out the dent. I was surprised at the success with the rear dent (at a seam) and even on a smaller dent (that I was certain had stretched the almuminum). Here' a link to my post - check out Before pics in post #11 and After pics in post #30. Final cost was way under $400 - and that included hours of work on several dents - including my truck!
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f381...hit-59265.html

Laura
PS - you'll learn that Andy is your ally and a huge asset to this forum!
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
dimensions vary

One of the things I have learned in the process of renovating our '74, is that there is more variability in the shape (and therefore dimensions) of the '70's era trailers than you might expect.

I am not sure exactly why, but there are places where the interior panels are not straight and true, and the curve of the walls on one side of the trailer don't quite match up with the other side. I did not even notice this until I had all the walls and furniture/fixtures out of a particular section and was getting ready to put in a new counter or built-in.

The 70's units have enough curve in the walls that the width of the trailer at the floor is different then the width at the bottom of the windows which is different than the width at the top of the windows.

Dimensions are helpful and useful, but please don't assume that any dimension you take is necessarily going to be identical along the entire length or width of the trailer. At least that has been my experience.

Good luck with the projects. I would suggest that you can't take enough pictures, even if you are not planning on reusing everything that comes out it is still helpful to know how things were installed originally.

Laird
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
Maccamper is right, in the redo of our 1974 we made templates for pretty much everything. One side will not be the same as the other. When we built bed in the front of the Arogsy both side were different. We just put new flooring down and had to compensate with longer boards on one side than the other so that the gap against the wall would not be 1" wide by the time we finished. Keep this in mind as you take things apart or plan to build things. Have fun, we are still working on ours and think that it is a great thing, to have it the way that you want it. Happy camping!
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Dimensions?

Why are these dimensions so important? Are you planning on redoing the inside of the rig? Everyone above is correct, there are no two corners or lines of the walls that are the same. I used templates for everything I did on the inside of my rig. I have posted a few pics on my blog.
Andy is a great resource and I appreciate every minute of his time that he spents to help with our problems. I am also retired and pretty busy. I can see why he can't spend forever answering these kinds of questions. And besides that! At our age "Forever" is not as long as it was when we were younger. lol
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
N/A moving , Colorado
May be a couple silly questions

But...what is the best way to remove interior rivets holding up plastic panelling?

How are cabinets mounted? And how should new onces be remounted?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Removing Rivets

I use a drill bit of the appropriate size to remove the rivets. 1/8" for most.
When it comes to cabinet mounting. It varies. Most base cabinets are attached to the floor. In my case on the overhead cabinets I left the aluminum frame intact and made new face frames and doors. Since the frames were solid and achored well to the walls, I saw no point in replacing them.
I understand that one should use caution and not achor solidly to the floor and the walls. Because of the flexing of the trailer. It will wind up getting torn lose.
The only reason I see in achoring base cabinets at all is to keep from changing the floor plan as you travel down the road. lol
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote