Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1974 - 1979 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2003, 08:32 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Sovereign '75 parts

I'm looking for a bunch of small parts for my 75 soverign (31' rear bath). Where do all of you go for parts? I need:

1. the little plastic pieces that go on the ends of the slides underneath the pull out bed.
2. The little plastic pieces that hold the curtains in place on the bottom slide.
3. Front door lock mechanism...
4. folding door that goes between the kitchen and bedroom.

Our trailer is actually in great condition but these little needs are niggling at us.

I will try to post some pics. I completely redid the plumbing and my wife put in new carpet and some nice linoleum in the kitchen.

THanks for any and all advice.
Marc
Marc Marenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:04 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

For the folding door try colaw rv in Carthage, Mo they are a salvage/airstreamgraveyard and last spring when we were down there I know I saw folding doors in the airstreams they have lined up like smashed beer cans. Sad to see but a real reminder that towing is serious business. They are very helpful and have a website with their phone number.
Camping world has the drapery hardware you are looking for but bring a visual aid along.
The front lock is a bummer we got parts for ours at Acefogdall in Cedar Falls, IA (Airstream Dealer) but!!!! It didn't quite work, Chris needed to tap it out and he decided to just bite the bullet and buy the whole thing new. SPENDY but we are never going to get rid of the Overlander so there you are.
I'll ask him for sure about the slides as I know we did that too, (when you have a vintage everyone pretty much has to replace all the same things at one time or another) but I think he found what he needed at our little Ace Hardware. Not exactly the same but it does the trick.
Hope you love yours as much as we love ours.
ChrisandMareinMN
cmgirdwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #3

1975 31' Sovereign
SALEM , Oregon
Front Door Lock Assembly

Hi Everyone , My Name Is Chris & I Have Been Restoring Our 1975 31 Ft Soverign And Having A Great Time, Just A Few Sore Muscles. I Noticed That Entry Door Handles Are Hard To Find & Very Expensive! We Have A Local Air Strem Dealer In Eugene Oregon Called George Sutton Rv(541)686-6296 & Have Delt With Sean (very Nice & Very Helpful). He Had Told Me About A Tri-mark Door Handle Assembly & Adapter Plate For Only $90.00 , Beats The $495 To $595 For The Original. If You Are Looking For New Replacement Parts Or Advise On New Give Them A Call , They Sure Have Been Helpfull To Us . Happy Streaming Chris
CHRIS B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Thanks

We to have a 75 with a broken door lock. That helps so much I'll give them a call. The bungy cord has worked way to long.

Becky
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Rebel Beck

I'm glad you have a lead for a door latch. The guy with the washed out trailer in Waveland is very very sure he does not want me to strip parts. Sorry.

Mike
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
To see what it takes to upgrade the door lock using Andy (inland RV)'s kit, see http://sierranevadaairstreams.org/me...k/gallery.html
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
North Fort Myers , Florida
airstream parts

Out-of-Doors Mart MORE Airstream Parts on-line than anyone!!! And we accept PayPal. and Vintage Trailer Supply | Parts for 1940s-1970s Travel Trailers
Many other places for parts in you look at Restoration Suppliers & Resources - Vintage Airstream
Plus many more, if you need more help let me know!

ps. When life gets too riveting, put your AS in the wind!
1999 Dodge 3500, Cummins-335 hp
1975 AS Sovereign RB, Twins

timselzer@comcast.net
TLBIJOU is offline   Reply With Quote