Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
One other thing, from what I have read here, there is a very active WBCCI unit in Illinois. I believe they are having a rally in the near future. You may want to check them out as a great source of information, plus you would have the opportunity to physically look at a bunch of other Airstreams. That could help answer how does it work questions as well as what can I modify to get the best use out your new trailer.

Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Airstream, Inc :: Specs - 1980
Hi Bill, welcome to Airstream Forum. The above link is directly to the trailer specs section on While there, you can even look up what color paint you need for repainting the blue stripe outside.
Like you, I've always appreciated everything Airstream since I was a kid. My 'aluminitis' was finally satiated, on August 29, 2011. Purchased my first ever Airstream. A 1989 Airstream 345LE motorhome. Yes, when I jump, I jump head first!
Like all the others are saying, watch out for all of the mechanicals inside (fridge, A/C, heat, plumbing) and be sure to check your axles. Brakes, bearings, etc. Cover for your tanks can wait till either you can find one, or can afford one.
Good luck with your 'new' Airstream, love to see photos when you get a chance.
(when wanting to post pix, instead of clicking "Post Quick Reply", instead, click on "Go Advance" button. There it gives you the option to upload photos.
Thanks, Derek

crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote