Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
Great folks with a great product!! The best mod I have done so far.
Moflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
They are great to work with, aren't they. When I ordered mine a couple of years ago I sent the EXACT dimensions and they sent two skylights EXACTLY the dimensions I'd given them (without allowing for space so they'd fit OVER the curb). They sent me TWO replacements, no hassle, no charge....and I can't say how much I like them (or how shocked I was to see how flimsy the OE jobs were -- just a bit thicker than Saran Wrap!)...
I was nervous when I ordered mine.

The existing skylights were still in place and so it was hard to measure the curb dimensions that precisely.

I was concerned in case perhaps the original skylight curb was built out of square - we live in Canada and I sure didn't want to get them home and find they didn't fit!

Because of the way they install, i couldn't see it being a problem if the skylight frames they were a bit too big.

I compared my measured dimensions with the ones that Maxim had on file for my model of trailer, and wound up ordering them 1/8" oversize compared to dimensions they had provided before, "just in case."

They went on fine, but they were a pretty close fit. maybe they would have still been fine if made 1/8" smaller, I'll never know!

Rather than having them crated and shipped to Canada, I picked them up in Dallas on the way home from Arizona.

Great product and great people to deal with.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote