I just bought a 1988 Excella 25' and ran across several problems that I had not noticed:
1. The bedroom overhead 12V
lights did not work, assumed it was a fuse or something simple to fix, wrong. It was a dead short, and it took me two days to fish the correct wire out of the ceiling.
2. The water heater had a bad circuit board ($155). Would work sometimes and sometimes not?
3. Batteries would not hold a charge, several cells bone dry.
4. Male plug (camper to tow vechile) had a loose (shorting) post.
5. Shore power plug also had a loose post, causing electrical problems.
6. At he time I checked the AC it worked. But after getting it home the unit would overheat over time. Bad compressor, replaced with a new AC ($855).
Because of a number of small problems, it took a fairly long time to resolve what the problems really were.