Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella > 1984 -1986 Excella
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Shower curtain

Hello and Help:

I have the side bath with the rounded (with ceiling) shower curtain. It has velcro fasteners that fasten to other velcro pieces stuck to the wall. Problem is that I have replaced the velcro MANY times and nothing seems to stick. I guess the moisture/humidity makes it turn loose. Surely someone has figured out a way to solve this. Anybody able to help me. I'm too old and fat to suddenly be on display. smile.

Waynoln
Waynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I replaced mine with an ultra-thin cloth curtain from Wal-Mart that had little suction cups on both edges. It worked fine in the wet bath of my 22' and was so much more user friendly since it wasn't crinkley. Even though it was much larger than the original curtain, it stored in about half the spce.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
What is the wall material you are sticking the velcro to? Zolotone? Fiberglass? Wood? I am not familiar with your vintage trailer. There are a number of tiny plastic railings (for lack of better word) or channels that a shower curtain can slide into at many of the home stores... something you would permanently attach. Trying to stick up something and then take it down seems like work to me!

A photo of your wall area might help? Good luck finding a solution!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
[quote=Waynon]Hello and Help:

Problem is that I have replaced the velcro MANY times and nothing seems to stick.

Try the industrial Velcro which you can find in a fabric store or a well stocked Tru Valu hardware store. This has held well for us.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Shower curtain

My 1963 GT has a side tub w/ rounded cieling.I bought a plastic curtain track @ West Marine.Screw the track to the ceiling, buy a good quality liner curtain & have the snap cloth(that you purchase w/ the track)sewn to the liner.You will have to trim the width of the liner,also cut it to follow the contour of the ceiling(That is a little tricky!) Good luck!
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
I have not seen any pics of shower curtain tracks - anyone have one? My track was missing.

Instead of velcro... mine had snaps against the wall.
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote