Old 01-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1982 31' Excella
Missoula , Montana
Refinish tub and bathroom area

Several weeks ago I called to find someone to refinish my bathroom in AS, 2 people were going to meet me at my trailer, surprise, surprise, no one showed.

I checked Angies list and she provided no recommendations and added this group is very unreliable.

I am now pursuing doing it myself, and found this company that so far checks out good.DIY Bathtub Refinishing Kits - Bathtub Refinishing Supplies. they are called bath works.

1. Has anyone ever done this themselves?
2. Has anyone ever used this product?
3. I have painted and done some body work before so am not worried if i can find out the tricks.
4. They claim the roll on method with a light spay application of solvent after the roll on will give a professional job.

Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

Vernbots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1962 24' Tradewind
Buffalo , Wyoming
I pondered on the same question for quite a while, and found no answer I really liked. I ended up painting my tub and sink with epoxy appliance paint from a spray can. I think it was Rustoleum from Home Depot. It looks good, and has held up for a year so far. If you go that route, mask and cover everything. Overspray is really bad and it hangs in the air for a long time. Smells terrible for a good while too.

Thalweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
Agent 86
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I would sand it well to a nice even 320 grit scratch and paint with an activated paint like Industrial Imron 3500HG, or an activated automotive paint.

Whatever you use it will last better if you sand the surface well to a 320 grit scratch.

You can brush the Imron 3500, and it evens out pretty nice.

1/2 Ton 4WD Truck, 72 Sovereign Hensley Arrow
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote