Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Ambassador > 1966 - 1969 Ambassador
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
OurStream

1967 28' Ambassador
KINGSTON , Tennessee
Talking Updating 1967 Ambassador Interior

Just wanted to let everyone know how it's going with our "Ourstream", as my hubby calls it. We have taken apart the gaucho frame and will have to rebuild some of it. We tried to take up the carpet, but the entire thing has been glued down. So, we've decided to lay the wood laminate flooring over the carpet. Silver Threads has made the gaucho and curtains for the living room and also for the bedroom. We plan on updating the bathroom. We would like any ideas anyone might have about updating the living room area. Has anyone used a different plan than using a gaucho in the living room? We have to have sleeping space in there also because we have two sons. As soon as we get these things done, I'll post new pictures. I think everyone will LOVE the gaucho and curtains that Silver Threads made for us. Again, if anyone has any ideas they'd like to share, please feel free (and add pics if you can).
Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I do not think laminate floors should be installed over carpeting, but require a firmer base. I have read this in the instructions from Pergo and other floor companies. I think that the flex provided by the carpet base will cause the joints to fail.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
OurStream

1967 28' Ambassador
KINGSTON , Tennessee
Smile

After thinking about it, we decided to take the carpet up. We also decided to use cork flooring. We've now got the carpet up and waiting on the cork flooring to arrive from Home Depot. Thanks for the comment. It's really appreciated.

Tags
1967, 1967 ambassador