Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1974 - 1977 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

How much to offer for '75 27' Land Yacht?

I just looked at an Airstream Land Yacht 27' that appears to be a 1975-77 model. I looked in the windows and the floorplan is rear bath, center folding double bed, front couch. The unit was parked with a 'for sale' sign asking $5,000. I haven't called the owner yet, and I wondered what an old AS like this would normally go for? It surely will need some repairs and updating. (For example, I've read on this forum in the past about rear floors needing replacement from the weight of the rear bath.) The shell appears in fine condition with no dents or scrapes. Any estimate on value will be appreciated.

The Duck
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
So many variables... personal preferences, what might need repair, etc. Have you checked out this site?Price vs. Condition - Airstream Values Also compare prices at ebay, craigslist, here at our classifieds... see what you think! Good luck.Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for the Vintage Airstream value link. I called today on the 27' Airstream mentioned above and it is already sold! The owner said it sold on the second day after he put it up for sale. So, the search continues...
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
Prairieville , Louisiana
I recently purchased a 31 AS for $1500. 75 yr. model. Needed TLC and much cleaning. The rear was sagging on one side and welded it up this past weekend. AC seems fine, stove, fridge, microwave, all good. Hot water heater needed a new regulator which was included and installed. Resealed all the window panes and perimeter of frames for all componets outside.

Intalled antique heart pine floors from bathroom to end of bedroom. Tore out side walls below tub and under vanity and slid in the same tongue and groove pine in the channel. Turned out really sharp. Just over a week since purchase and have put in alot of work but it is really coming together.

Good luck on your search, great deals are out there. Just depends on how much know how and work you want to put into it.

G.
gunny2007 is offline   Reply With Quote