69 Overlander "Betty" - The inside story
I've been busy with work but found time last week to finish up (for now) the interior work on Betty. I really haven't done too much to alter the appearance other than clean, clean, clean! She was pretty dirty all over, but I'm impressed by how well the interior skin cleaned up. My primary weapon was "Krudkutter" an citrus based product that isn't toxic and leaves a fresh scent. I also used orange oil furniture polish to clean & revive the woodwork. I'm going to stay with the carpet for a little while until I'm ready to tackle the job of replacing the flooring under the fridge which has deteriorated due to a leaky fridge vent. I don't think it's too bad (fingers crossed) and hasn't affected the frame. But once that's done I'm definitely going with cork except in the bathroom where I'll replace the ceramic tile with real linoleum, not vinyl, since I have a cut-off left over from another job.
Other than that, I've replaced the water pump, removed the ancient & scary-looking catalytic heater and other small tasks in order to get ready for the first outing - a trip of about 120 miles to the shop where I'll replace the axles & shocks.
Again, as I've gone about fixing things, it's been great to be able to find answers to all my questions here on the forum and I'm very grateful for this resource.
Safe travels, everyone.
here's some pics....