Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Check ebay Item number: 2489313834

Check this out it may of interest to someone.
Silverfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
It is a 1966 26' Airstream Overlander located in Chicago! Are you selling it?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

No, I just saw it and thought someone may like it. It looks like it has some serious potential. I have a 62 Overlander that I love.
Silverfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:34 PM   #4

Well I've done it now. We are now the proud owners of the '66 Overlander in Chicago. I've been lurking in the forums for several months picking up a fantastic amount of excellent info. So last week we loaded up the truck with tools, 4 new Marathons and 4 sets of wheel bearings. Got the tires changed and bearings repacked and headed south back to GA. Left Chicago at 5:00PM on Friday afternoon and went 15 miles in 2.5 hrs, not due to any trailer problems! Made it back to GA with no problems. Now the real work begins. I'm sure I'll be back with many questions. Thanks aging for all the past...and future help.
strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Well I've done it now. We are now the proud owners of the '66 Overlander in Chicago. I've been lurking in the forums for several months picking up a fantastic amount of excellent info. So last week we loaded up the truck with tools, 4 new Marathons and 4 sets of wheel bearings. Got the tires changed and bearings repacked and headed south back to GA. Left Chicago at 5:00PM on Friday afternoon and went 15 miles in 2.5 hrs, not due to any trailer problems! Made it back to GA with no problems. Now the real work begins. I'm sure I'll be back with many questions. Thanks aging for all the past...and future help.
Strider, Welcome to the Airstream forums & the A/S life-style. Best of luck with your 'new' Overlander, we have a few good friends with vintage units. One has a '59 that is in excellent 'original' condition.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote