Old 07-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1959 26' Overlander
Westminster , Colorado
Window Replacement Questions

I broke a window getting the ceiling out. I have glass for the window, and was following a blog post on how they replaced the glass. They removed the frame from the hinge to put the glass in. Is this necessary? My frame is not coming out of the hinge very easily (I have a '59 Overlander), and I can imagine that the glass might break again, trying to get it back in. All that being said, can the glass be replaced without taking the frame out?

Also, this frame (that opens) appears to not sit inside the frame attached to the trailer (if that makes the least bit of sense). I thought it happened when I was removing the ceiling, but it appears to have been this way for a while. Is there a way to get the frame to fit?? Obviously water leaking is a concern.

painterfam is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mexican Insurance Questions, Questions! CaddyGrn Travel Beyond US/Canada 5 01-31-2014 11:23 PM
'58 Hehr Window - Is this the correct window operator replacement? mello mike Windows & Screens 22 10-08-2012 08:49 AM
Window Replacement New Window Gaskets pawnguy Windows & Screens 10 03-20-2011 08:30 PM
Hehr window operator replacement questions 63air Windows & Screens 5 05-21-2008 05:25 PM
Questions, Questions, Questions LowellN Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame 5 10-28-2004 07:23 PM

Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.