Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Interesting idea. I think you could absolutely do it. As I recall, there is a certain thickness to the metal and glass front piece and I was unsure if two of them would be too thick for the dimension of the door, but if you look at the pictures from rharbuk, it appears that there is plenty of left over space after it is set. My wife loves the addition to the door because her biggest complaint was the dark bathroom in the 25' FB.
abqdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:43 PM   #22
After$hk

2020 30' Flying Cloud
Hudson , Florida
Great job on the window, but can you tell me where you got the cover for the bed? We have the same camper and love the look! Thank you,
Aftershk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Marana , Arizona
I’m about to undertake this project this weekend. Any of you with first-hand experience have any tips or tricks to share before I take my scroll saw to the door? Much appreciated!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
Zardoz,

Look back at the pictures on the first page of this thread. One photo shows "filler" blocks that you will need to put inside the door since it is a hollow core type. Gives it stability and something for the screws to bite into. Best tip is always measure more than once before you cut the door. Blue painter's tape to make your marks on and a cardboard or paper template are your good friends. Also check to see if there are any differences between the hole needed for the actual window, the front part, and the trim that goes on the back side. Mine were not the same so hole on the back side did not need to be quite as big.

It's not a difficult job at all, just take your time, check your marks and enjoy what a real difference having that window makes. tb
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Marana , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbender View Post
Zardoz,

Look back at the pictures on the first page of this thread. One photo shows "filler" blocks that you will need to put inside the door since it is a hollow core type. Gives it stability and something for the screws to bite into. Best tip is always measure more than once before you cut the door. Blue painter's tape to make your marks on and a cardboard or paper template are your good friends. Also check to see if there are any differences between the hole needed for the actual window, the front part, and the trim that goes on the back side. Mine were not the same so hole on the back side did not need to be quite as big.

It's not a difficult job at all, just take your time, check your marks and enjoy what a real difference having that window makes. tb
Just now saw this post, Tinbender - thank you! Doesn’t look too tough, but I always like to hear a true, “voice of experience” before I undertake something. Thanks!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote