Old 09-02-2015, 11:24 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB Classic
Vicksburg , Mississippi
Ours ripped as well on our '14 27FB Classic. I noticed that it allowed water to leak down the lower right side of the door and wooden base, where it was causing damage. We got a replacement from Colonial (our dealer) for $7.

I'll have to try the washer on the bottom to see if I can make this one last.

"Hot meals, cold beer, dry bed & flush toilet - everything I look for in a wilderness experience..."
Adiredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #16
one of those
2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
I see what you guys mean about the bottom of the door. I had wondered why it ripped in the first place. Upon examination, the out-of-square door acts as a scissors against the bottom frame, shearing the plastic sweep off at the point where it's joined.

I am also noticing that the door drips less when opened wet than it did with the sweep in place. The sweep held water, which then ran down to the lowered end. Which is the end that arcs out over the floor when you open it. You know, the saggy end.

Now, the water seems to be falling off while the door is still closed, without the sweep to hold it in place.

Now if I could just get the shower basin to drain easily.

A Blog from the Devil's Triangle
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Thank you for bringing this up as I have a similar issue both on my AS and on our glass shower door at home. I finally took it off the AS shower door and to date have not seen a problem with water on the floor other then when I open the door after showering.

Also based on other comments I think I will let it lie for now and just watch to see if there is in impact without it.

urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote