Old 01-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPoulin View Post
I know you're thorough, but I want to check - is the trailer leveled when doing this test? On my 2011 intl 28, if I am off level either direction, the door behaves differently with it's sticking points (off level with the curb side higher requires on to life the door to get it closed. Even level, it works fine.

2011 Airstream International Serenity 28' - 30a/taupe
2013 Fors F150 v6-ecoboost with max tow and HD payload packages
Thanks to all. We gave up with struggling with adjustments as noted above and we replaced it with a clear glass door. We had a shower door installer we have used before and they replaced the frame and the door both for $500. Our issue happened when it was level or otherwise. If you want a picture contact me at gfedeson1@gmail.com and I will send a picture.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #16

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Springboro , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnArborBob View Post
Sadly, your dealer is unimaginative and possibly lazy. We have a 2014 Eddie Bauer and had the very same problem. We took the trailer to the factory a week ago for a variety of minor tweaks and the drooping shower door was among them. Our excellent service tech (Garrett) fashioned a small shim with a plastic block and screwed it in place. Take this image to your dealer and challenge him to be a bit more creative.
Hi Bob,

I have a 2012 Eddie Bauer and we had the same issue . we also put in a shim and it worked fine. Then this week on a trip the entire door flew off when I pushed it open from inside the shower. The small crappy screws stripped out and the glass door pulled away from the frame and fell into the lav door gashing it. Lucky the shower door did not break. Did your dealer leave the same screws in the door? Now that it is apart it is clear that there really is not much holding the door to the metal frame. I would like to fix myself but cannot see a solution. I live one hour from Jackson Center so it looks like I will make another trip up there for some expensive non-warranty work for something the really should not fail after only a handful of trips.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #17

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Springboro , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
This is a well-known issue. My 28' 2012 Intl CCD had exactly the same problem. The issue is the cheap little pot metal screw that's supposed to hold the door up (this screw is at the very top of the door frame). It breaks, and when it does the whole door slides down. After several "rigged" solutions, I ripped out the entire shower and used a Kohler Sterling that pivots. Problem solved. Shouldn't have had to do this, but like several hundreds of other owners.....
Can you provide info on the Kohlor door that you used to replace the AS shower door? (model number and where it can be sourced from) I have a 2014 Eddie Bauer and it should be the same. Both screws stripped out and the door came completely off the frame and gashed the lav door. I live only an hour form Jackson Center but am afraid of what they will charge to fix a problem that should not exist. If I can find the right fit it does not look that difficult to replace.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:48 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

HI everybody,

I have had many problems with my 2013 Airstream Flying Cloud shower door.

1- The shower door slipped down in the hinge requiring to lift up to opened and to closed it;
2- All the ajustement screws became loosened;
3- The plastic threshold felt down and out;
4- The magnets door did not closed adequately.

After I put on 2 plastic shims with no success, my best friend and I resolve all the problems.

1- To have a better solidity. we changed at each corner the 6-32 1 inch metal screw for 6-32 3 inches and we put on 2 reinforcing angles at the hinge side;
2- To obtain the same door level, we changed the glass shower for a plexiglas of the same thickness and we reduce the weight of the door at 8 pounds (19 pounds);
3- To always maintain a good level, we remove the plastic hinge and put on a stainless piano hinge like the door toilet;
4- To do not torn off the plastic threshold, we adjusted the shower door at 5\16 inch from the metal threshold, as required by the mfg. Total cost 75$ (CAN).

P.S. The Airstream hourly rate is 125$(USA) and require at lees one day to repair it.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
2007 25' International CCD
1993 32' Excella
Largo , Florida
OK, my 2 cents. I had a problem with my door on my 2012 Classic. It was lower on the handle side and was tearing up the plastic on the bottom. What i did was remove the two screws that held the door onto the frame and placed them lower , thereby raising the door and replace the screws at the new level. Problem solved for the last 10,000 miles.

>>ron<<
Old 10-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatandGregg View Post
We have a 28' International, 2014. The Shower door has slipped down in the hinge requiring one to lift the shower door up to open and close it. The dealer says that the mfg states 1/4" tolerance/slippage is to be expected. I am pretty sure that this is not the answer. Any suggestions? BTW, has anyone replaced frosted shower door with clear glass option (non-Airstream after market)? Thanks
We had the same problem with our 2013 International. The Shower door dropped down along with many rivets popping, after a hellish ride on I-76 in Colorado. We were still under warranty and the door was replaced no charge.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Shower Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyfrank View Post
We had the same problem with our 2013 International. The Shower door dropped down along with many rivets popping, after a hellish ride on I-76 in Colorado. We were still under warranty and the door was replaced no charge.
Reading all these problems with the shower door falling down one would think Air Stream would have changed door design by now. Not very encouraging if you ask me.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:38 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

New Smynra Beach , Florida
The shower door in my 2015 23FB was installed upside down by the manufacturer...

I started to notice lots of water dripping down from where the door meets the threshold. Then I realized the weather strip was mounted on the top of the door... Can't flip it over without having to drill new holes on the outside of the door frame... Tried to slide out the clear plastic weather strip, but could not. Will take it to the dealer...
Old 10-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #23
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Upside down. That has to win the "zero quality control" check of the month. I have come to the conclusion that Airstream must have run the numbers and found it is easier to just keep "modifying" this crummy hinge design by having the Airstream Service Center and all the dealers install shims, washers, longer screws, etc., rather than fix the source of the problem. I am waiting for the shower in my '15 Classic to drop so I can replace it with a Kohler Sterling like I did on my '12 Intl.
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rockville Centre , New York
Shower door

2005 intentional door will not stay on the pic points , how can I fix it ,28 footer
Old 04-16-2016, 07:14 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

Rockwood , Maine
We discovered the same issue on our trip this month and came up with a quick short term "McIver" fix, take a bottle water cap,slice it approx 1/3 a crossed the cover, insert into angle of aluminum rail at bottom of shower door. Voila! A short term fix for the door until you can get a more permanent fix done LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	260839   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	260840  

Old 04-16-2016, 07:19 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Rockwood , Maine
Def a short term fix, off to hardware store for a more durable fix LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	260841  
Old 12-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2005 30' Classic
Keswick , Virginia
Thank you for this discussion. I used a plastic piece I found in the garage to lift the shower door, and screwed it in place. Tomorrow I will probably find out what that piece came out of:}
Charlottesville, Virginia
gregwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
2013 31’ Classic..shower door fell down, I repaired it twice....with new plastic hinge parts, factory sent me a new door, I paid the freight....installed it.....I now use 2 3” pieces of 5/8 silicone heater hose under the hinge side and the latch side when traveling...9,000 miles and it is good....weren’t made for a travel trailer as they are very cheaply made....in China....