Old 04-13-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Limited
Terre Haute , Indiana
Rock Guard rubber gasket replacement

Hello fellow Streamers! Our center rock guard on our 2001 Limited has become damaged on 1 side causing the guard to not close easily. The rubber seal has been folded so that the hinge will not lie flat to allow the latch draw to close without really stretching the rubber latch. I've purchased new gasket & can see how it goes on the the edge of the rock guard "track". Has anyone removed this gasket and replaced? It seems to be strongly affixed. Any tips on removal? Is it completely necessary to remove the entire center rock guard to do this? The hinges are fastened to the trailer with rivets so removing looks difficult.
Thank you for any insight on this project!! Attached pics of this center rock guard gasket in place and the replacement seal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rock Guard Seal.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	308600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rock Guard Pic.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	308601  

Pride&Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:58 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Depends :) , My heart is in Colorado
I, too, have this same question. Anyone have advice?

Papatango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Limited
Terre Haute , Indiana
Rubber Gasket

Since I haven't gotten any advice I'm going to work on this project soon. I'm hoping I can remove the center window and remove the old gasket using adhesive remover and adhere the new one with gasket adhesive. We replaced the window seal this way. The hardest part was removing the old! Thanks for adding to the post, maybe a fellow Stream'er who has some tips on this project will chime in soon!
Pride&Joy is offline   Reply With Quote