Originally Posted by '55 Airlight
While AGMs do not out-gas (poisonous and explosive vapors) during normal operation, if the charger decides to overcharge AGM batteries, they absolutely will out-gas and create a potentially dangerous condition. Just sayin'...
Yes, thanks much for pointing this out. It goes without saying that proper research, care, and maintenance, (along with the proper charging system) need to accompany an AGM installation. I should have made that clear in my earlier post.
Batteries and electrical systems (both 12- and 110-volt) are arguably one of the most important, and least understood, aspects of any
RV. I've learned quite a lot on these forums, and I look forward to continuing my education, especially as the technology changes and improves.
I don't think you can be too careful when working with electricity of any voltage. And a properly designed, installed, and maintained battery/charging system will last longer and run more efficiently, too.