1. Did you use a template like described in this tutorial?
It occurs to me that, if you use a bushing guide in your router, it will eliminate the need for a template. The template is there so the bearing on the router bit will have something to ride against, but if I use a 3/8" guide bushing and a 1/4" straight bit, it should act in the same fashion.
2. Did you have to use a bit extender to reach? My inner skins are on still which gives me the ability to use the trim ring as the template. Problem is that my bit won't reach the glass, let alone go through it, as is. I don't have a bit extender but can pick one up at Woodcraft today.
3. Did you remove the remaining acrylic and butyl and reseal or just leave well enough alone (assuming there's no leaks)?
4. If you removed/resealed, what did you reseal with?
My intent is to leave the inner butyl and acrylic (please please please be acrylic) ring in tact and just sand the rough edges the router leaves and call it a day. A glorious wonderful day.
5. What are the chances I can get through this without breaking any of the 6 windows?