Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #1

2002 25' Safari
Huffman , Texas
2002 25' Safari Rear Escape Window Gasket

Needing to replace the gasket. It is leaking into the "track"--not running over and onto the "mouse fur", but the gasket is clearly in need of replacement. The problem is we can't seem to find a part number. All other windows on the trailer have "Hehr" stickers on them--the rear escape window does not have a Hehr sticker. According to the manual, the window should be a Hehr. Any idea what gasket we need to use? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
iamrebecca62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Hi, I have a Safari 25 and we just had the rear window gasket replaced at Sander's RV in Gainsville, FL. The repairman said that the gasket was originally made by a company (can't remember name) and they went out of business. He said he ordered the gasket from another company and it's as good as new. Wish I could provide you with further details, but call them. They are the best around for repairing Airstreams. Good luck!
Deesnestwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Hi, We just had that same window repaired for leaks on our 25' Safari. The dealer used black Silkaflex to caulk the black seal around the window because it had shrunk in the corners. He didn't replace it, but filled the gaps with the caulk. I have Hehr and Creative windows in our AS. I had a leak in the front window and I fixed it myself using the same caulk after I removed the seal which was in poor condition. After you clean the window of adhesive and dirt you can apply a "D" seal around the window. You can order this seal just search for "D" seal in black, 1/2" x 3/8" will do the job. The original seal is different from the "D" seal, but it will work just the same. Good luck with your repair. Our leak caused major floor damage, which I fixed too with the help of this great forum.
Deesnestwa is offline   Reply With Quote