Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1982 34' Limited
Harrowsmith , Ontario
Which toilet?

Question for those of you who have rear bath Sovereigns:

I've got my toilet out, to replace the floor. I notice that it doesn't hold water and does have a hairline crack around the flange where the seal goes.

I'm not partial to keeping this toilet (it's the original Starlite, 76 Sovereign) but I want something the same size so that I can keep the compartment behind as well as the integral lid. I'm okay with getting a new mechanism for it (also needs a new seat) too.

What have you done with your loos? Is it worth repairing or have your replaced? If you replaced, what with and how was the replacement process?

BradB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Funny you should mention this. I am on the way today to get myself a brand new Thetford Aqua Magic V (tall, white, hand flush) for our rear-bath Sov.
  1. Tall, because I am.
  2. White, because I hope to be painting the other plastic furniture in the bathroom this summer
  3. Hand flush, because the old Aqua Magic IV was foot flush, and all the added wire and pulleys was its downfall: rusted out and fell apart. My daughter's TT has a hand flush toilet, and it's no hassle to use at all.

I don't like the storage bin, because I consider it to be just a dust trap, plus it isn't big enough for more than a box of Kleenex and a handful of loose sand.

I like the look of the Aqua V and it's light-weight and sturdy-looking.

But I plan to have a closer look at it when I'm at the RV dealer this afternoon.

ps: I listed a brand new black tank yesterday, if you happen to be looking for one...

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
1982 34' Limited
Harrowsmith , Ontario

Thanks for getting back to me - I think I'm going to get a Thetford Bravura actually because it appears to be a direct replacement for the Starlite and everything 'should' line up. What colour are you going to go with?

It's possible that I might be interested in the tank, I need to test mine once I get the new valve on it. Were the tanks the same size in 74 and 76?
BradB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
Blue Highways Explorer
2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
7,650' , Colorado
Just replaced my aqua magic 5 with a bravura because it has a straight pipe down to the black tank. The AM5 has a wide open cavern below the flush valve where stuff can splatter and collect. It required cutting the existing pex plumbing but easy to retrofit with pex to 3/8" valve and a 3/8-1/2" faucet supply line.
This is the strangest life I've ever known - J. Morrison

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB with ProPride
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost V6 Turbo Gasser
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote