Old 03-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Originally Posted by Brow324 View Post
So, since I've never put antifreeze into my TT fresh water system, I'm guessing the goal would be to not put it in the fresh water tank or faucet lines?
But even just adding it locally to the pump or traps is going to eventually pass it onto the rest of the how difficult is it to get it all out of the system prior to Spring use?
The traps don't effect your supply lines though, so that doesn't matter. If you have bypasses on the pump, then you simply run a little water from your tank and run the pump through the bypass line for a second or two and it's completely flushed (depends on how you're is set up).

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream):

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012:
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Oakland County , Michigan
Brow 324,

We live in Michigan where the winter are coooollld. I always use compressed air to blow out the lines, have a bypass on the hot water heater, and use a valve and hose on the intake side of the water pump to suck what we call "pink lemonade" into the plumbing system for winterization before storage in the fall.

Yes the pink antifreeze fills virtually every inch of plumbing. I know that it would only take a couple of gallons of pink stuff to fill the system and P-traps, but I usually use a lot more than that. I also pour a good amount into the grey and black tanks.

I do not add it to the clear tank anymore. One year I did that and it almost took "forever" to clear it out.

In the spring, it takes a fair amount of flushing to get it all out, but I would rather go the extra mile to winterize and flush than have to deal with cracked lines.

Bob & Nancy
2005 ASLYG 30 SO
2009 Wrangler Toad
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
Got it all fixed...replaced the entire kitchen faucet system with a Kholer and got rid of the Moen unit. Same Kholer fixture as I have in the house. No more under the sink water filtering either. That was just a bad idea all around. Will be filtering water outside the trailer from now on. Replaced the 12 v water pump and got the blow out plug for next winter. Tested the system, all is good, and it looks like we're ready for another weekend in the woods. Hopefully next time there'll be no surprises and just relaxing! Moral of this story is; You're never too old or too experienced to learn something new. With 15 yrs of trailer winterizing behind me I experienced my first 'failure to winterize properly' problem this year. Thanks for the good tips!

'07 27 FB - H.A.
Brow324 is offline   Reply With Quote