Old 02-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
1976 23' Safari
Tampa , Florida
Water Pump Rebuild Kit

Hi, New to the forum. I have a 1976 Bambi I have inherited from my Dad. I used it about 10 years ago when the children were small and we went camping nearby but never had to do any maintenance. Our water pump is leaking and I have a friend that will take apart and rebuild if I can find a kit or at least the gaskets. It is the original PAR 36800-1000. He said it is all working, just leaking (through the diaphram?). Any clue on where to find kits?

Also when my potable water gets full, it is leaking - guessing a crack in the top part of the tank. How do you repair a water tank? I read once to use soldering iron and milk jugs and "weld" it. Any tips?

Front rock guard is cracked and I have gorilla tape to use - any drawbacks? Also need awning. That is about all I can guess is wrong - for now! LOL

I also saw a thread on tankless water heater and guessing that might be an avenue for me. I will not really need gas heater because we would be in a camp site with hook ups 95% of the time. The water heater works well, but I have no idea how to light it. Unfortunately Dad passed away about 7 years ago and not here to tell me the tips and tricks.

Thank you, Pam

DancingGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
These folks have the rebuilt kits in stock.

Jabsco 36800-1000 Pump

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Water easy to light for your yr. AS, make sure gas turned on, control on heater has turn knob that says pilot and on, turn to pilot depress red button turn striker or use gas match on pilot in burner tube hold button down until pilot lights, release red button if pilot goes out redo, turn top knob to on. If will burner will not light probably spiders in orifice, simple to clean, disconnect burner and gas line blow out w/air, clean orifice w/ cutting torch cleaner tips. Also make sure large control knob is turned for temp. desired from low to high.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote

« rbi | Top | filtration »