Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
1972 25' Tradewind
St Cloud , Wisconsin
water pump in 2007 safari 23'SE

Can someone tell me where the water pump is on the 2007 Safari 23' Special Edition? I just recently acquired this camper. When I turn it on it sounds like it is under the bathroom sink cabinet, but I can't see any access door in that area. The owners manual tells me I need to hook a length of hose to the pump inlet port when I winterize this fall.
deer4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Floor plan would help, but in our 2008 corner bed model it is under the left-hand side of the closet, immediately next to the bathroom sink cabinet. It does not look like a door, and it is not easy to open, but it is hinged on the left and can be pried open. Hope this helps.
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

In our 2004 Safari, it is under the streetside closet. The panel is hinged with an inside latch but no outside latch. Once you know where it is it is easy to open by prying gently with a screwdriver.
There are lots of threads on winterizing. I winterize by blowing out the lines with an air compressor and using rv antifreeze only for the traps and tanks. I use less anti freeze and don't have the residue in the water lines.
handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
1972 25' Tradewind
St Cloud , Wisconsin
Thank you! I opened the hinged door with a screwdriver to pry it open and there it was. I was not happy with the quality of my former StarCraft Starstream, but at least it had a suction hose permanently attached to the pump. This one looks like it needs some kind of special connector.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
You only need that hose if you have made your mind up to use the pink stuff to winterize. I also had a Starcraft trailer before the Airstream. My pump was under the bathroom sink, was very easy to get to and had the bypass hose already installed. Winterizing was a breeze.

I "moved up" to my 06 25 FB and found that the pump did not have the hose attached. As a matter of fact, the location of the pump would make it very tough for me to add the bypass so I called the local dealer and asked. They informed me that they winterize all their units with compressed air. This is what I do and after 5 winters have had no problems at all. If I had a real choice, I would probably go back to the pink stuff method as it would give me a bit more confidence all things considered. Of course, whichever method you use, it has to be done correctly. You can read about all of this in a bunch of threads out there.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
1972 25' Tradewind
St Cloud , Wisconsin
I am thinking of buying 5 gallons of RV anti-freeze in the fall and put it in the fresh water tank after I used compressed air to blow everything out and then pump the antifreeze through the system as insurance. We just had a nasty cold winter in Wisconsin as did everyone else. That way the pump is also protected.

I see the white plastic draincock between the wheels on the streetside for draining the fresh water tank. There is another metal draincock about a foot towards the front away from the white one. I opened it and about a gallon of water came out. What is it for?
Old 07-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
If you have AguaJet water pumps the input fitting is a quick connect/disconnect. I was thinking of buying a similar fitting and attach a 3 foot piece of hose to it. When it comes time to winterize, flip the lever on the pump, pull out the input line and connect the hose. With a few gallons of winterizer let the pump suck it into the lines and faucets. Any remaining winterizer put down the traps and toilet.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote