Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
 
Picinisco's Avatar
 
1977 Argosy 24
Gilbert , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 114
yes that's me not germane, I'm Scottish!
__________________

__________________
Cheers....John


1977 24ft Argosy
Picinisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:02 PM   #16
one of those
 
Gringo's Avatar
 
2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,079
Why not just install the $41 Shurflo city water inlet with pressure regulator that comes standard on the new Airstreams? Looks to be an easy thing. Is there a good reason not to use these?

http://airstreamsupply.com/Fresh-Wat...ator-601392-05
__________________

__________________
A Blog from the Devil's Triangle
http://2gringos.blogspot.com/
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #17
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,580
Images: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
Why not just install the $41 Shurflo city water inlet with pressure regulator that comes standard on the new Airstreams? Looks to be an easy thing. Is there a good reason not to use these?

http://airstreamsupply.com/Fresh-Wat...ator-601392-05

"Reason not to use"
They are not adjustable. Preset to 40-50 PSI. Modern trailer plumbing can safely and easily handle up to 80 plus. Standard sized dual water filter canister systems function at an optimum 60 PSI according to The RV Water Filter Store customer service line.
__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:16 AM   #18
one of those
 
Gringo's Avatar
 
2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,079
Thanks for the info.
So, for me, there's no reason not to use the one that came with the trailer. I don't see any real advantages of having 80 psi in the trailer vs 50 psi. And 50 psi is less likely to cause leaks, anyhow. I don't see me worrying too much about the optimum pressure of a water filter I don't use. We don't drink plastic tank water, but we do run it through a Camco particulate/carbon filter. I suspect those will still work just fine with 15 psi less than optimum, too. Simple is good. "Adjustable" usually means less simple.
__________________
A Blog from the Devil's Triangle
http://2gringos.blogspot.com/
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:28 AM   #19
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,580
Images: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
Thanks for the info.
So, for me, there's no reason not to use the one that came with the trailer. I don't see any real advantages of having 80 psi in the trailer vs 50 psi. And 50 psi is less likely to cause leaks, anyhow. I don't see me worrying too much about the optimum pressure of a water filter I don't use. We don't drink plastic tank water, but we do run it through a Camco particulate/carbon filter. I suspect those will still work just fine with 15 psi less than optimum, too. Simple is good. "Adjustable" usually means less simple.

Sounds ok to me. What ever works for you is what you might want to go with.
__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #20
Rivet Master
 
dkottum's Avatar
 
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,447
The one that comes with our Airstream is within the external hose attachment, factory set at 65 psi, has a check valve, and works fine.
__________________
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #21
one of those
 
Gringo's Avatar
 
2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
The one that comes with our Airstream is within the external hose attachment, factory set at 65 psi, has a check valve, and works fine.
ditto.
__________________
A Blog from the Devil's Triangle
http://2gringos.blogspot.com/
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member
 
Picinisco's Avatar
 
1977 Argosy 24
Gilbert , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
The one that comes with our Airstream is within the external hose attachment, factory set at 65 psi, has a check valve, and works fine.
Would that have been the same in 1977?
__________________
Cheers....John


1977 24ft Argosy
Picinisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 AM   #23
one of those
 
Gringo's Avatar
 
2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
"Reason not to use"
They are not adjustable. Preset to 40-50 PSI. Modern trailer plumbing can safely and easily handle up to 80 plus. Standard sized dual water filter canister systems function at an optimum 60 PSI according to The RV Water Filter Store customer service line.
Actually, this is incorrect. The Shurflo units Airstream installs as standard these days is 65 psi.
__________________
A Blog from the Devil's Triangle
http://2gringos.blogspot.com/
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #24
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,580
Images: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
Actually, this is incorrect. The Shurflo units Airstream installs as standard these days is 65 psi.

If you say so that must be correct. 🤔
__________________

__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water Pressure: Shore pressure high, All pressure in trailer low.... bhooves Sinks, Showers & Toilets 9 10-16-2016 03:22 PM
Water pressure regulator? yukionna Fresh Water Systems 7 06-16-2010 10:03 PM
Help!! Need access water pressure regulator Crawdad Fresh Water Systems 5 07-15-2007 02:16 PM
Water Pressure Regulator & External Water Filter safarijim Off Topic Forum 7 02-01-2007 08:17 PM
Any PLUMBERS out there?? Pressure regulator, water pump questions SmokelessJoe Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 65 01-11-2007 03:01 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.