Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Avon , Ohio
Water filter

Hello,

We just bought a 2019 25FC 25FB. Did AS stop putting the Pentek water filters in the Flying Clouds? I’ve looked for it everywhere and can’t find it. I found a video on a 2017 that had a water bypass under the sink which the 2019 does not have either.

Thanks
Jlinkous14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
No factory installed water filters on Flying Clouds....or other models that I am aware of.
You need to purchase an RV water filter and install on your water supply hose before the trailer connection.
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinkous14 View Post
Hello,

We just bought a 2019 25FC 25FB. Did AS stop putting the Pentek water filters in the Flying Clouds? I’ve looked for it everywhere and can’t find it. I found a video on a 2017 that had a water bypass under the sink which the 2019 does not have either.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Jlinkous!

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #4
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard!! 👍

Recently purchased THIS, a little bulky but much better than the single in-line we used in the past. 👍

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 09-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Maybe check out RVWaterfilterstore.com. They are actual full time RV folks who are knowledgeable (in my opinion), keep records of who bought what when so 5 years later they could tell me which part I needed. And!!!!use a fulfillment house so you get the parts quickly.
I can't say whether they are the cheapest or not, but they have always gotten me what I want within a week.
And their info pages help the clarify the black magic from the science, to the opinion so you can make your own informed decision as to what you want...or don't want.
I have used their stuff for 8 years and been happy. Seen some pretty interesting colors on the prefilter in a number of campsites.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:40 AM   #6
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martee View Post
No factory installed water filters on Flying Clouds....or other models that I am aware of.
You need to purchase an RV water filter and install on your water supply hose before the trailer connection.
Our 2017 Serenity has the in-line water filter on the cold line going to the galley sink. There is a length of tube with fittings to replace the filter for winterization.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Our 2017 Serenity has the in-line water filter on the cold line going to the galley sink. There is a length of tube with fittings to replace the filter for winterization.
Thank you. So indeed....there are some Airstream models that do come with factory installed water filters.
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:41 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
we had a HIGH flow volume main water filter behind an adjustable pressure regulator to for all AS22FB sport trailer water needs.

we also added a tap only low volume triple filer just for drinking water. It has its own tap.

the high volume filters all the gunk out of the water
under the closet

the triple filet is just for drinking water
under the main double sink
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Avon , Ohio
Thank you
Old 09-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Avon , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Thanks. So you can clearly see it under the sink? I don’t think we have the inline filter and can’t imagine it wouldn’t be clearly visible to change or replace. I looked in the 2019 brochure and it doesn’t list it as an option.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #11
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Thanks. So you can clearly see it under the sink? I don’t think we have the inline filter and can’t imagine it wouldn’t be clearly visible to change or replace. I looked in the 2019 brochure and it doesn’t list it as an option.
Or, the day your trailer was built, they didn't have filters on hand so the factory just ran PEX and didn't install filters that day. Or, the 'craftsman' who did your plumbing simply forgot/didn't feel like it/wasn't trained and didn't know.

And no, I'm not kidding, I could TOTALLY see either of those scenarios happening, among others! Recently, someone on this forum could smell sewage in their trailer, and upon opening up the wall, discovered that the PVC vent pipe from the black tank to the roof was NOT EVEN INSTALLED...there wasn't one! Just the open fitting from the black tank. So yeah...stuff like that happens. Meanwhile...the under-sink filter is fairly useless anyway. Better solution is a filter on the hose bibb outside that will filter all the water coming in...including to your hot water heater and bathroom.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #12
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Yes, it is clearly visible, parallel to the countertop and supported by two metal hooks. The winterization tube was in the drawer when we picked up the trailer. I replaced the filter this spring. There are adapter fittings on each end that must be taken off the old filter and used with the new filter.

The filter does a good job of removing chlorine odor and taste from the water.