Old 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
OK I saw the picture- should I go and look to see anotherone like it connected to my plumbing in there? Or where is it installed? And what else can you tell me to do to look and find it. Bill and if you have that piece about how much does it cost? Or do I just push it back into place?
You will find your pop off valve immediately after the water pressure regulator.

The pop off's cannot be repaired, so a replacement is in order.

Andy

Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Ok is it going to be back there where the rear is, or coming off of some.....well I will go look Andy and see if I can find it. will take pictures.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
OK I saw the picture- should I go and look to see anotherone like it connected to my plumbing in there? Or where is it installed? And what else can you tell me to do to look and find it. Bill and if you have that piece about how much does it cost? Or do I just push it back into place?
I have added an arrow to your photo. Check that part. I has the tubing connected and appears to be in about the right place. Can you have someone outside pull on the tubing while you check on the inside to confirm that this is the tube that from which the water is flowing?

There may be a slight difference in appearance between the older one and the one in Andy's photo, but they look pretty much the same. Even before Andy replied, I thought that the piece I have the arrow points to was a pressure relief valve that was probably leaking. When Andy posted his reply and the photo it confirmed my thought. (To me anyway. When in doubt, go with Andy's answer.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4133-vw.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	98835  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
OK heres what I got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Photo of the Airstream high pressure "pop off" valve.

Andy
..........These are two shots of what I think you both are pointing at...plus there is a clear plastic line coming off of it down below....anyway what do you think? Bill also I did jiggle the pipe and that was the pipe where the water is running from. For a while there I had figured it must be a broken pipe from our recent freeze we'd had (whew!) anyway I will be calling inland to get a new one if they got them. Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4134.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	98836   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4135.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	98837  

Old 03-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
..........These are two shots of what I think you both are pointing at...plus there is a clear plastic line coming off of it down below....anyway what do you think? Bill
That's it, you got it, don't let it run away.

Seriously, that's the pop off valve.

They are available from Airstream dealers.

Change it out, relax, have a coooooool one, or maybe two.

Andy
Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
OK I will call tomorrow (Sat) and get a price and will tell them it's for a 70 model, hope its universal, and I figure it is. I was Marveling at Angel how we are blessed with you all being there for us. Thanks again
Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #21
Rivet Master

A pressure relief valve (aka pop-off valve) is a clear benefit to any trailer for mitigating the effects of a failure of the water pressure reulator.
My water pressure regulator failed last month, resulting in a bad flood and a week's work to restore the trailer to its proper condition. I was lucky that I was in the trailer at the time the flood occurred. I was standing at the entrance to the bathroom when I spotted a damp patch about the size of a cup on the carpet. I assumed I had spilled some water, but as I bent down to dry the patch with a paper towel, the wet patch rapidly grew in size. This was a surreal moment.
My later forum searches to find ways to prevent a recurrence lead me to this thread, which revealed my ignorance of the fitting of pressure relief valves to cope with water pressure regulator failure.
My Airstream does not appear to be fitted with such a valve to back up the standard Watts regulator. What is the experience of other forum members? Are modern units so equipped? Is there a good neat replacement that combines the regulator, valve, and perhaps a gauge? I have trawled www.watts.com for good ideas.
Nick.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
Adds this to list of things need to have..
Old 09-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #23

1971 29' Ambassador
Auburntown , Tennessee
I'm New to this and have been having the same problem. Where exactly is that pressure relief valve? Would It be in the back by the shut off valves?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn1369 View Post
I'm New to this and have been having the same problem. Where exactly is that pressure relief valve? Would It be in the back by the shut off valves?
Yes, that pop off valve is in the rear of your Airstream.

It's a brass valve thats about 1 inch in diameter and about 2 inches long.

You will find the one end of the valve is connected to a hose or copper tubing that goes thru the underbelly.

There is a stamped part # on that valve, that says "111".

Andy