Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Wfere ever I am , Virginia
Unhappy Water & sewage

Hi Everyone,

Well I picked up my new(19630 safarie Sturday and took it to the camp ground where it will spind the remainder of the spring. I can't believe how good this trailer pulles. I don't have any experience with travel trailers but I've pulled about every thig else and this thig is a dream!

I spent the remainder of the weekend cleaning up mouse Sh..... No one hade been in it for three years. But pretty much have that prob. taken care of. Buy the way. Is there any way to keep those littel bugger out?

Figured out the electrical hook up, and the gas, but the water and sewarge have me stumpped. There is a valve on the passenger side front that looks like a hose supply valve, except it has an adapter to connect the male end of the water line. problem is when I hooked it up the water just ran out a small hose about 1/2 way down the street side of the trailer. Also all of the water Idrained from the sink went into a holding tank somewhere, and I don't want it in there.

One other thing. assuming I can actually get water into it, can anyone tell me how turn the hot water heater on?

Hope some can help.

Dave

/
burk321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Stop by one of the local RV dealers or a WBCCI rally near you and they will help you out. You have a hose connection that will provide water if you are in a campground with water, otherwise you must fill the fresh water tank through a funnel type opening in the side of the unit. Usually on the street side. You do not have a gray water holding tank on that year unit and any water that you drain from the sink will go directly on the ground as long as you do not have the "frying pan" drain guard installed on the large drain on the rear street side of the unit. You will likely need a blueboy tank and hoses for most campgrounds in your state as they do not like you dumping gray water on the ground. It is too bad they do not have a spell check on this forum.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
I'd look inside the trailer where that small tube is draining outside. Most of these have valves you open in the winter to let the water out of the system, that is what that tube probably is. Close the valve and you may be in luck. If not dwightdi's idea is a good one.
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Wfere ever I am , Virginia
Smile Thnx

Thanks Guys, I'll check it out. The bad spelling is really bad typing, and being in a hurry.
burk321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by burk321
Hi Everyone,

I spent the remainder of the weekend cleaning up mouse Sh..... No one hade been in it for three years. But pretty much have that prob. taken care of. Buy the way. Is there any way to keep those littel bugger out?
use the trailer, keep her moving.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote