Old 07-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal283 View Post
Makes me wonder why you're sticking you hand in the toilet water to check the temp. ; )
I as wondering the same thing, but thought it might come under TMI.😜

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #16
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I as wondering the same thing, but thought it might come under TMI.😜
Maybe it's the sensation you get while sitting & flushing....

Bob

Old 07-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The bathroom lavatory cold faucet in my trailer runs hot for a minute, then cools down. I think it because the piping is next to the water heater or next the outside wall of the trailer on a really hot day. The piping I think is picking up ambient heat because it is next to hot water piping. I have not noticed the toilet water being hot, but it I guess it could be for the same reasons the lavatory cold water runs hot. I don't notice it so much when it is cold outside.
I have also noticed the cold water taps in the house run hot on a hot day, sometimes for a moment, sometimes indefinitely. It is so hot lately, the ground is hot- heating up the pipes in the ground.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1963 26' Overlander
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
The bathroom lavatory cold faucet in my trailer runs hot for a minute, then cools down. I think it because the piping is next to the water heater or next the outside wall of the trailer on a really hot day. The piping I think is picking up ambient heat because it is next to hot water piping. I have not noticed the toilet water being hot, but it I guess it could be for the same reasons the lavatory cold water runs hot. I don't notice it so much when it is cold outside.

I have also noticed the cold water taps in the house run hot on a hot day, sometimes for a moment, sometimes indefinitely. It is so hot lately, the ground is hot- heating up the pipes in the ground.

This was my initial thought. Obviously if you let the water in the bathroom run for a little while you could test this theory. Or wait till winter to stick your hand in the toilet. ; )
Old 07-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
There has never been any mods. or work done except change furnace, water pump and convertor as I have owned this 1976 AS since pur. new. 3 yrs. ago in my 76 AS the toilet water runs hot and winterterize bypass kit valves are in proper position. I never change position of them as I don't winterize trailer. The spray hose for toilet also runs hot water, I haven't fig. out yet but still trying. If some else also has had this prob. and solved. post so I can see if I missed any thing. This not caused by ground or out side temps. causing water to be hot. Water will run cold for while then gets hot. All other faucets okay.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
As someone mentioned earlier, are the tank heaters on?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #21
Zil
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
egg harbor city , South Jersey
The hot water can migrate into the cold water feed line at the water heating tank. This kind of depends on the routing of the cold water line. Heated water will rise. The cold needs to come into the tank from a lower position up to the top fill line.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Zil appears to have solved it.

But why does the hot water appear only at the lav sink and toilet.

Maybe I was right too. When they went to check the kitchen sink, all the warm water in the cold lines was depleted