Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2002, 11:20 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Toilet Paper: Is scotts ok?

I have a 66 overlander. Someone told me scotts tissue is ok. Or do I need RV Toilet Paper (if that is what it is called)?
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 11:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Lightbulb Yeppers

It's best to stick with the RV type or, use the kind that's biodegradeable in your home sewage tank. I 've always been able to stock up at a low cost..If you watch your local RV dealer, they're always running special..even to the point of giving away free toilet paper.
ciao
Better yet, use the "parks toilets" as often as possible.
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 11:59 PM   #3
hex

Paper Caper

Since your trailer is more than 25 years old. I would reccomend Airstream brand Vintage Wipe. It is no longer produced, however a gentleman in Sunny California bought up boxcar loads of it years ago for his personal use. As demand rose he graciously agreed to offer it to the market. I understand that all he has left is in Blue and is only offered in 50 ft rolls. As I predicted the wipe has been drastically reduced in price thru December 31st. If I am not mistaken it is now only $7.95 a roll. If this seems steep to you, I can only paraphrase what he so often tells us....If you can't stand the price ...stay off the pot!. His name escapes me but I am sure some of his facilitators will be able to direct you.
hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 02:45 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Timely Suggestion

HEX...
You need to get off the "John", buy your Airstream and get busy restoring it..Andy is waiting there for you~!~
lmao
ciao
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 06:40 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Hex,
Pardon my Southern igorance, but what has the age of the Airstream got to do with the brand of toilet paper to use?
Dan
Dbraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 09:20 AM   #6
hex

Dan that is a very good question. Give me time and I'll come up with something in reply.....say around April 1st next year.
hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 10:45 AM   #7
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Re: Paper Caper

Quote:
Originally posted by hex
Since your trailer is more than 25 years old. I would reccomend Airstream brand Vintage Wipe. It is no longer produced, however a gentleman in Sunny California bought up boxcar loads of it years ago for his personal use. As demand rose he graciously agreed to offer it to the market. I understand that all he has left is in Blue and is only offered in 50 ft rolls. As I predicted the wipe has been drastically reduced in price thru December 31st. If I am not mistaken it is now only $7.95 a roll. If this seems steep to you, I can only paraphrase what he so often tells us....If you can't stand the price ...stay off the pot!. His name escapes me but I am sure some of his facilitators will be able to direct you.
Dear Hex,
I have been reading your posts in the last few weeks and thought to myself that Mr. Hex is actually making an effort being an equal member of this great forum.
Well, you proved me wrong.
What is the purpose of your post and what are you trying to achieve with it.
Is it supposed to be funny?
Is it a hidden stab at a forum member?
And what exactly do you mean by facilitators?
It is my opinion that the members of this forum are getting a bit tired of your repeated violation of community policies.
Sincerely
PeterH-79MH
Supermoderator
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 08:57 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Angry Recycle.........not what you think!!

Advise from one who owned 6 A/S,s and several other rigs......says." Don't throw it in the tank!!! Throw it out!!! Solves a lot of problems, and may create one...... Hmmmmm! Oh well,... do what ever works for you. Tom
Old 11-29-2002, 09:21 AM   #9
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
El Cheapo

I buy the absolute cheapest generic single-ply paper that I can find. Our local HEB has "Hecho en Mexico" generic paper that is dirt cheap. I have used this over the last dozen years in 3 successive RVs without ever having a stoppage of any kind.

The stuff disintegrates almost immediately in water. That is the most important feature of any TP used in a RV.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 10:50 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Toilet paper test

The toilet paper question has been asked and answered many times. On another BB a suggestion was made to do some research. Buy some diferent types, makers, and plies of some test paper. Get several glass jars and place some paper into jars with plain water to 3/4 full. Allow jars to just be occasionally slightly moved altho not shaken briskly. This is to try to duplicate any holding tank action. In just a short time, most all toilet paper will break down into a pulp that is easily disposed. Most people use twice as much single ply paper as double ply.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:07 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Wink

Just find the cheapest 1 ply toilet paper you can find. It will break down just as quick as the expensive rv paper.
To test the one you buy, take a sheet of it, put it into a glass of water, wait 15 min. then stir....it should break down...if does, then you are ok.
chopperbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 08:03 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
toilet paper

scotts is what i buy for the motorhome , it is not the cheapest but it works, havent had any trouble with it stopping the process up. friends of mine who full time recommended scotts. not all paper works.
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote