Old 03-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Austin , Texas
OK, it's fess-up time! As it turns out, there is absolutely nothing wrong with either my gray water or black water system! Such a goofball I am! What happened is I switched which lever was gray water and which lever was black water, in my scattered mind...So when I tried to empty the gray water the first time, I was actually emptying the black water, which was empty...then when I emptied the real black water I was actually emptying the full gray water....confused yet? Once I realized I had mixed the levers up in my mind I went ahead and filled the black water tank and then emptied it, then the full gray water, in the proper order. Oh well, live and learn! Thanks for all your thoughtful responses and views!

Old 03-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
I can see how this can happen. Makes me wonder if I have been doing the same thing, they don't label the valves black and grey.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
OK
just deleted my post.. Glad you got it sorted out ...and don't feel bad ...we all goof up now and then. Good thing it isn't more serious!

JCW
Old 03-19-2016, 09:22 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
They don't do a very good job of marking the valves but there is a Gray Handle on the gray tank drain and a Black Handle on the black tank drain. That's how I remember....
Old 03-20-2016, 01:49 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
HA!
That brought a big grin to my face! I also do not like the labeling on the tanks. I have been tempted to make "P Touch" labels and maybe I will. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Glad it was an easy fix!
Thanks again for posting the solution and enjoy your rig!!!
Old 03-20-2016, 02:42 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Correction noted -- I thought something was flying fishy!

Thanks for the update.

Welcome to the human race . . .

Old 03-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Glad to see all worked out well
Old 03-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
2011 25' FB International
Carencro , Louisiana
Put Red tape or spray paint the the Black tank valve lever RED.... Red watch out for the black water... or put grey tape or spray paint the grey tank lever. It is very confusing to all.
LaBigDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
2011 25' FB International
Carencro , Louisiana
Jackson Center solved the problem is just a few mins. It was the back flow preventer for the black tank wash seal allowing black tank air to enter the closet as this is located the rear part of the closet. That is why the bottom of the closet and other areas of the the stream were fresh and clean but the closet smelled like a cesspool. Now with the the change of the brass valve replacement everything is nice and fresh.
LaBigDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Austin , Texas
Thanks!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:50 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Goliad , Texas
blockage at valve agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDONA View Post
My 27 has a vent pipe running up both sides of the bathroom door in the triangulated wedges on the inside door frame. Why one is bigger, it hides the step set in for the folding bedroom privacy screen. Both should be 1 1/2 abs for venting sewer gas to the roof on both grey/black tanks
Your issue can't be about one plugged vent pipe for both tanks. It has to be on the discharge/blockage side.
The vacuum breakers, closet, sink, wash basin, work as a vent pipe for the P traps. In a stick house/older RV there would be a vent pipe to the roof for every P trap too.
If the shower won't drain while holding water as the grey tank over fills, I would look at the vacuum breaker in the closet, along with the main discharge for blockage.
Agree, blockage is at valve or a cutout is settling and blocking outlet in tank. That would be a biotch right there.

Now on vents. I am renovating a '65 Overlander and one of the things that I have found that where ever there was an exit to the roof, the floor was rotted because the PO did not pay attention to the sealing of the piping. I am going back with a grey tank only because we will be using a composting toilet. I will be using vents at sinks and shower. For the grey tank(s) I will route a vent to an aluminum box which will house my plumbing controls accessible from outside and be about 18" above the grey tank. This will be isolated from the inside of the living quarters. Hoping this will work and if not I have a fall back plan, punt.......

WBCCI #6256
eartick is offline   Reply With Quote