Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2018, 06:31 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Fanwood , New Jersey
Slow leak from Inlet of WP

We have a slow leak from the Inlet of our new WP and WP is not turned on.

If the leak is from the Outlet or happens when the plumbing is pressurized, it's easier to understand. But how could the leak happen from the Inlet of WP when it is not even turned on?

I think I know the answer, but I'm curious to know what others think.

We have 2016FC23D. It is parked on our property at an angle with nose up. WP is located on the street side cabinet under the closet. We filled the tank to test the new WP that has just been installed.

The tube that feeds the WP is coming from the front of the trailer. So I think that gravity is exerting pressure on the Inlet. With not so tight connection, it explains the leak.

This didn't happen with our old WP, so it's possible that the fit is not quite as tight with the new WP.

I tightened it as hard as I can last night. Then I put a piece of paper towel on the Inlet to see if the leak persists, and this morning, it was damp. So however slowly, it persists.

I suspect once the trailer is level, this would stop.

I also think using plumbers tape would make this stop.

But the Inlet connection is where we put AF, and for us, it's not just once a year because we go winter comping and we winterize and de-winterize several times a winter. So I would rather not make this permanently tight.

Any suggestions?
Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote