Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
Sink Replacement

My 2000 AS has the faux porcelain sink - i.e. - painted aluminum. I would like to replace it but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to use a stainless "drop-in" type sink vs securing a replacement sink underneath the corian counter top. Has anyone done this and, if so, was there any difficulty in hooking up the drain due to the different installation??? If you replaced the sink with a new OEM sink (---unpainted?) how easy/difficult a task was it?

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Snoqualmie , Washington
I just saw this post and see no one has gotten back to you. I'm not familiar with your AS, but I was in the tile and stone industry for years and we did a lot of undermount sinks. Your biggest issue is going to be finding a new sink to fit, either a drop in or undermount. I doubt you'll find a drop in that will fit without modification, but a nice thing about Corian is you can re-cut the hole to fit the new drop in pretty easily.
If you want a new undermount, you will need one the same size or larger, then take it to someone who does solid surfaces (generic for Corian) and have them fit it.
Hooking up the drain and water lines should be pretty easy.
DryFly is offline   Reply With Quote