Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Replacing water pressure regulator

Need to replace water pressure regulator. In my 2005 International CCDS 28 foot it appears that the only access I have from the inside requires removing the shower. Has anyone replaced one in this size and model? Hope I am wrong. Thx

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Maybe a pic? Don't you have the large flanged city connector....maybe 3" X 3" on the side of the trailer? If so, I think pulling it out as far as you can and releasing the pex line will get it done. I believe you will find the regulator to be attached to the backside of the city water flange assembly.

Not saying if you have large finger that it will be easy, but.....

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
If the failure mode is that it's no longer reducing the pressure, you could add an inline regulator until you're ready to tackle this one. If the failure mode is that it's leaking or not letting water through, I got nothin'.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Reg

Yes, square 4 screw inlet plate outside of trailer. I had heard there is a flange on the inside of the wall that holds it in which was why I am perplexed one would have to pull out a shower to access a device prone to wear out. I will pick a new one up tomorrow and hopefully it just screws on from the outside like you said and it will be an easy fix. Thanks much.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Because of its dished design, if there is a plate, I believe it would have to have a large enough opening to allow the regulator to pass through. The regulator is only about 1.5" X 1.5" square.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Post photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Hut View Post
Need to replace water pressure regulator. In my 2005 International CCDS 28 foot it appears that the only access I have from the inside requires removing the shower. Has anyone replaced one in this size and model? Hope I am wrong. Thx
Please post photos of your project as you do it. I am getting ready to do the same on mine and would appreciate the photos and explanation!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
One other note.....I found, when replacing my shore power cord receptacle, that the line workers like to use 12 pounds of sealer when only a small bead actually does the sealing. My advice is to tape off the area to protect the clear coat and work with a putty knife, razor knife and whatever else very patiently. You may swear that there are more screws, but it is just the bulbous bellows of sealer behind the skin. EASY DOES IT!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Just replaced my city water inlet regulator/valve. You can access it from the back side through the closet by removing a panel at the back of the closet on a 25' and unscrew the pex fitting. Then remove the inlet from the outside.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Rebuild it...

Once you pull it off the trailer, 4 screws on the back side hold the regulator together. Take them out, seperate the 2 halves, there's an o-ring in there. Probably the source of the leak. Replace the o-ring, reassemble, good to go. Or at least you'll have a good spare.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
In addition to the o-ring replacement, I also applied sealer between the halves. Hasn't leaked since. I used automotive Permatex Ultra black, only outside the circumference of the o-ring (no contact with water).

Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Finished replacing mine today. The old ones check valve was stuck..replacement works perfectly. Total time about an hour with no problems. Thanks to all who posted their comments.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Glad it worked out. Now....safe and happy travels.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote