Old 10-08-2017, 12:28 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
1978 Argosy 30
1985 31' Excella
Sacramento , California
Other post made me think. Get a crimping tool from store and try to recrimp the copper ring in place. If it was under crimped that could be an easy fix. Then return the tool?"......
really... that cheap... wow... if you had to take it to AS what do you think they would charge you... buy the tool... its cheaper... and be a AS owner..."

I did, I have 3 pex crimpers. 2 for stainless one for copper. But if you're going to make one odd ball crimp and never again.

[COLOR="Blue"]If your using 1/2 in PEX or PB they all take the same rings...in accordance to the dia... Their are no odd ball crimps.... [/COLOR]

Actually shurflow specifically says in their installation instructions to use hose before pex. But AS ignores this. The pex actually transmits more force from vibration causing the city water inlet to leak where the two halves come together.

Indeed.. your right their.. I would isolate the pump with a flex hose... but, don't just use a garden hose type... you need the one with the sprial inside the hose to keep it round and from kinking... don't just rely on the water pressure to keep it flowing or not kinking... In your application... indeed I would go from PEX to the hose... for this I would use the regular PEX fitting.. and if you have the SS band clamp... would use that on it.. but, some hoses will be thicker walls than what the band clamp range would be... in that case.. you have to do the best you can... and wing it with a small 1/4 inch sprial hose clamp... edition.... The 1/2 in PEX to 1/2 MPT should be enough to attach to the pumps... 1/2 in PEX fittings... from the tubing to the hose... be careful as the pump connectors are plastic and you can crack them by overtighting...

....Some have hose barbs built right in meant to connect to rubber hose first. Rubbber hose inner diameter is slightly larger than pex.
This is true but the hose will clamp down on the PEx fitting...The sprial SS hose clamp should lock on to the 1/2 pex inline fitting.. least have been their done that kinda thing.. do not use any thread sealant or tape on them... if my best advise...
If you have a seapage... I'd look at the pump fittings...and housing for why its leaking...

Sounds like you already have the pex to poly worked out, down the road when you have time it's a good idea to replace all the gray PBX with PEX. It's a good project. Access is the hardest part

Best advise that one can give... but, winter time is a good time to get into the trailers plumbing... otherwise... repair... and go have fun while it last...

GM Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote