Old 11-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2007 23' International CCD
Sherman , Texas
Puzzled Over Low Shower Pressure

I am a newbie and have an issue with low water pressure coming out of the shower head in the bathroom.

I removed the hose form the spigot in the shower and tested them separately, I connected the hose to my house line and the water sprayed out like it should, at the same time the shower spigot without the hose sprayed out the water in a steady stream. I just do not understand why the water drips out when they are connected together, yet work perfectly fine when tested separately. I would be grateful for any thoughts or ideas that may help to solve this strange problem.

tulip09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Trailer water pressure will be less than domestic.

We struggled with ours as well. Turns out it was the "vacuum breaker" on the shower faucet. It dribbled a lot of water too.

So I removed and had great pressure. Next I replaced it and it dropped shower stream pressure minutely. But quite satisfactory pressure remains.

Hope this helps!

Peace and blessings,
Channing and Phyllis

Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
It could be that a previous owner put a standard household high flow shower head in your shower. The reduced water flow in the trailer, designed to conserve water use, just doesn't have enough flow (volume per minute) to fill and pressurize a high flow shower head. It may feel like a lot of pressure when coming out of the fairly narrow pipe that goes into the shower, but that would be because the size of that opening is less than the total of all the little holes in your shower head.

Try a test using a bucket and a helper with a stopwatch. Try to capture all the water that flows out over, say, 5 seconds, as precisely as you can time it, and see how much of a difference there is. Does more water come out of the shower head when it's attached to the hose than comes out of the shower pipe without the hose in the exact same amount of time?

If the plumbing to your shower head is fairly small, which wouldn't be surprising in a trailer where water is limited, there won't be as much water coming out as there is from the hose with the shower head on it. But if the opening in the shower is also fairly small (without the shower head hose), it might feel like a lot of pressure.

The answer could be as simple as putting in a low flow shower head that is designed to give you more squirt with less water.

That's my guess, at least. Others will probably pipe in with other ideas.
Our travel and renovation blog:
webspinner is offline   Reply With Quote