Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
Tuna Can Tom

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hilton head island , South Carolina
Plumbing leak

I have a 2011, 23' FC FB, and the toilet occasionally leaks from the fresh water line on the back side. I have checked the fittings as best as I am able and everything appears tight. Any thoughts?
Tjhendrickso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
I had a similar problem in a previous trailer & it turned out to be "sweating". A condition not very common but it can happen.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
KW , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjhendrickso View Post
I have a 2011, 23' FC FB, and the toilet occasionally leaks from the fresh water line on the back side. I have checked the fittings as best as I am able and everything appears tight. Any thoughts?
That is what I thought as well. I removed the toilet and hooked it up in my garage to the water hose. Left it there for a week and not a drop. Then I put a shutoff in the connection to the toilet in the trailer and left the water on for a month. Not a drop. No amount of "jiggling" caused a leak.

Then I thought it was the water pressure at the park. Bought a regulator. After weeks still no leak. Then while boondocking it all of sudden started to leak again. After pulling the front cover I noticed the water was leaking from the blade mech on the toilet. Clean water only. Now I just replaced the blade mech and we will see.

Good luck.
gator.bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
My guess would be your toilet flush valve is bad. They are often short lived. I replaced one in mine last July. The replacement is now leaking.....the first one would leak a lot of water when flushing. The one now only drips a drop or two.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote