Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2003, 12:24 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Only hot water coming out of shower.

Or maybe a very small amount of cold comes out. Is there a valve that could be shut off?
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:36 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Assuming you have cold water at other faucets and the toilet, it sounds like a faucet problem. Grit and sediment will build up commonly at the connection to the faucet, at an elbow, or in at the valve assembly inside the faucet.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:39 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Actually, it's throughout the trailer. I just noticed it when I had the water heater on during showering. There is a brass valve in the back. It was half opened, I opened it quite a bit more. No real difference noticed.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:58 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Puyallup , Washington
I had a similar problem to both the bathtub faucet and the galley faucet in my '74 Overlander. They are both original Moen faucets. Turns out that there are several "o" rings on the Moen cartridges. Mine were worn out and let the "cold" leak into the "hot" (and vice-versa). I replaced the cartridges in all three of my faucets, and they all work perfectly now. Hope this helps...

Curt
somefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:44 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

That's what I was thinking of doing because they leak. Were you able to find them at a hardware store?
Old 06-20-2003, 10:14 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Puyallup , Washington
Yes, I found them at the local hardware store. Make sure you get the correct ones because Moen makes at least a couple of different styles of cartridges that are that size and shape. The correct ones for my faucets are all brass, and the only rubber on them is the "o" rings. I think it was model #1200. The directions that come with the cartridge are hard to follow because of all of the languages covered, but when you get past that, they're helpful. I also researched on the Moen website which helped me find the right part.... Hope this helps. Have fun!

Curt
somefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Kirkwood , Missouri
You can also use Moen 1225b cart will work, and is actually better. The brass cart. tend to be a real bear to get out sometimes they can seize in. Always use the tool that should come with cart. to spin cart. around before tring to pull it out or the core will come out. If the core comes out they do make a special tool to remove or try an east out like you would use for extracting a broken bolt. I'm positive the new stlye cartridge is better, I run a family owned plumbing company and never use the brass cart for the last fifteen years! Well we are packing up for the International hope this helps.

P.S. If you get the cartridge in and the hot and cold are reversed simply pull the handle, rotate the center center core 180 degrees, the center core not the whole cartridge and this will be solved. A new core will make the faucet like new.
airstreamer01 is offline   Reply With Quote