Old 02-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Visalia , California
New China toilet

I'm taking our AirStream to our dealer on Wed. for service (repack bearings, check and adjust brakes, etc.) When I called to make the appointment, I talked to the manager about putting in a new Aquia Magic high profile china toilet, He said we could get it plus the install for $250. Has anyone out there tried the Aquia Magic Style II high profile? If so what are your thoughts about it. We live in the trailer four to five months out of the year.

Thanks!!

Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
ThreeFingers,
we had one put in last year and really think it was well worth the time and money. It sits higher and is easy to clean. I think the base looks sharp as it doesn't take up the whole floor as a platform unit would.
The only thing we haven't quite figured out is how to fill the bowl up 1/2 to 3/4 when we are dumping the new treatment in the holding tank. The instructions say to apply a little pressure on the foot pedal, but i always seem to not quite get the valve completely closed while trying to put the water in to dump the chemical into.
Ours old one was gone, and we needed to replace it and I told Ricky at ODM to put in the best for our use (46-60 days camping) and that is the one he selected and it was a great choice.

Good luck
SL4BLLT

Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingers View Post
I'm taking our AirStream to our dealer on Wed. for service (repack bearings, check and adjust brakes, etc.) When I called to make the appointment, I talked to the manager about putting in a new Aquia Magic high profile china toilet, He said we could get it plus the install for $250. Has anyone out there tried the Aquia Magic Style II high profile? If so what are your thoughts about it. We live in the trailer four to five months out of the year.

Thanks!!
My unit is currently at Jackson Hole. They offered to replace my for a little more than that. Unfortunately I did not like the profile of the replacement unit and opted to keep what I had until it got a little older. I have a 23'FB flying cloud so..
WBCCI #1122
Top of Georgia Unit #52
I dont want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it; I want to have lived the width of it as well.
---Diane Ackerman (Author, poet, essayist, naturalist)
benjisgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Visalia , California
Thanks, our AirStream is a 2008, there is nothing really wrong with the plastic one that came with the trailer, I just feel this would be an up-grade.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
The new ones come with china. It's an upgrade over our 2007 Safari model, cleans nicer, we like it better as we also spend long periods in our trailer.

If the $250 won't break the bank, and you use the trailer a lot, you'll like the improvement.

doug k
Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
JDL
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
T , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4BLLT View Post
ThreeFingers,
we had one put in last year and really think it was well worth the time and money. It sits higher and is easy to clean. I think the base looks sharp as it doesn't take up the whole floor as a platform unit would.
The only thing we haven't quite figured out is how to fill the bowl up 1/2 to 3/4 when we are dumping the new treatment in the holding tank. The instructions say to apply a little pressure on the foot pedal, but i always seem to not quite get the valve completely closed while trying to put the water in to dump the chemical into.
Ours old one was gone, and we needed to replace it and I told Ricky at ODM to put in the best for our use (46-60 days camping) and that is the one he selected and it was a great choice.

Good luck
SL4BLLT

Just checking - are you pushing up on the pedal? Not down. If you push up. the ball valve stays closed and it fills with water.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Visalia , California
I took my Airstream to the service department yesterday, where I bought it, we did get the new Dometic 320 series china bowl toilet. It is nice, has a sprayer and when you sit on it it feels like home! They serviced the wheels, re-did seals on the roof and checked it all over, it is ready to head back to North Carolina. (3000 miles to our daughters)

As doug k stated above, it (the new toilet) is an improvement and I feel that it is worth the money.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
JDL, sorry for the delay in the answer above pushing up on the pedal. The answer is no to that, but I will try it when we get it back on the road. Thanks for the great info.

Three-fingers, Congrats on the upgrade. The design is as comfortable as it can get consider in the limited space.

Safe travels as you travel to NC. We've had a great winter here so far this season.

SL4BLLT