Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2018, 07:15 AM   #1

1984 34' Excella
Edwardsburg , Michigan
Need a shower pan for 1984 34' Excella side bath

My husband and I purchased a gutted 1984 34' Excella last year. We are in need of a shower pan for the bathroom. Anybody have an idea of where I can find one? Thanks!
hubbletheAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
If I was starting from scratch I would have a metal shop make one out of stainless steel, the original plastic one will not be cheap if you can find it.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:51 AM   #3
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
My answer to your question is no, I don't have a specific place where you will definitely be able to locate a shower pan.

However, there are several RV salvage yards and checking with them may be fruitful. One that comes to mind is Colaw's https://colawrvsalvage.com/ They've helped us in the past with used parts. Keep in mind the stock changes regularly so you have to stay in touch with them.

You didn't say if your shower pan is completely missing or perhaps just has a few cracks. If cracked... it can be repaired. I've heard of people using fiberglass to reinforce the cracked area on the underside of the pan and then recoating the interior with a spray-on substance that gives the pan a new life. If yours is cracked, do some searching on Air Forums as well as a broader Internet search to find more information on ideas for repair.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is online now   Reply With Quote