Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #71
_

. , .
everyone that has the micropulse monitors should have an owners manual...

which includes the 'calibration instructions...

also the companies home web site...

CATCON Products | RV Products

has the info under support, and includes pdf downloads...

specs, manuals and model info...

CATCON Products | Support

and email requests sent directly to catcon products..

will include current calibrations instructions, again for download...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:47 PM   #72
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Great....didn't know they changed the site.

One less thing to do.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:26 PM   #73
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
They also make Universal Igniter Boards and we've added them. With a 5 year warranty, it was a no brainer and they are well made.
All systems look good to add the monitors too especially since I feel confident the calibration issue is related to miscommunication between OEM and Catcon, for the most part. I'm not foolish to believe they don't have failures either because I'm sure they do.
What I'm most impressed with on the Catcon line up is first, Steve's outstanding support and the fact that tank material is irrelevant with various adapters availble for odd shaped tanks or even inaccesable tanks.
We will have the SeeLevel as well but metal tanks are out of the question with that brand.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #74
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I very much agree. Steve is a heck of a guy. Not too many like him out there. I'd have to say he rates up there with Fantastic Vent and Zip Dee and of course Best Converter.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #75
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
I've been studying hard copy data and didn't even realize they updated their site but he did say they were going too.
Thanks 2air!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Question Blinking Black Tank Light

Our 23' only has an 18 gal black tank, so I was expecting it to fill up after three or four days. On our last trip (Florida Can Opener Rally), after only a day and a half, the LED was switching back and forth between orange and red. I took a look down the toilet valve and the level seemed to be four to six inches below the valve, so we finished our morning business and then pulled the drain valve to empty the tank. I didn't do a flush then, as I was planning to do it before we left the next day. I did however, put about a gallon of water in the tank and a dose of holding tank chemical.

The LED switched back to green, but after only one or two flushes, it started flashing red. The manual says nothing about flashing lights, does that mean something different?

Before we left, I asked several fellow Airstreamers about this. Everyone said there was probably something stuck on the sensor. The fix was to put a bag of ice into the tank and then take it for a drive. So after we left the park with an empty tank, I poured in a 7 lb bag of ice (all I could get it to take) and we drove off. When we reached our destination, we still had a flashing red light.

When we put the trailer away the next night, we again did a thorough flush and completely drained the tank. Still didn't fix the light.

Is there something else wrong? If something is stuck to the sensor, will it dry up and detach with the tank empty?
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #77
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Tank

Probably the same thing is happening to yours like it did to mine.The manual has the instuctions I think to recallibrate the tanks but it will take a while because you have to fill it completely full and then drain and do it again to make sure it works.Hopefully it is just the sensor and that can be fixed where the dump valve is.You will see the phone wire connected to it behind the black valve opener outside.It is a little gray plug with the wire attached to it.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #78
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
hate it!

I hate that "I have to live with it" approach!

For the price of these rigs, EVERYTHING should work.

I recalibrated my panel like was suggested in reply to a previous message I had posted. It didn't help. I have the same problem. So, still under warranty, I will take it to the dealer to worry about.

My unit - a 2006 - is only about 90 days old (to me). Everything else (other than some fit and finish issues) appears to work great.

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #79

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodfrey
The LED switched back to green, but after only one or two flushes, it started flashing red. The manual says nothing about flashing lights, does that mean something different?

Before we left, I asked several fellow Airstreamers about this. Everyone said there was probably something stuck on the sensor.
The problem with everyones well meaning advice is that the bag of ice solution is geared towards the old style of sensors. Not the new ones today. Your problem is potentially a calibration problem, a defective sensor, or a defective monitor panel.

The other posts have given you the links for the calibration process but if you are under warranty, I'd pass this on to your Dealer. The flashing red light means you are getting close to full. The next level is full which is the solid red light.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #80
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Tank

If you are near someone that has the same rig as yours.Ask if they would switch out the sensors to see if it works.It will only take 10 min to do.At least you would know if it was that or not.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #81

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman
If you are near someone that has the same rig as yours.Ask if they would switch out the sensors to see if it works.It will only take 10 min to do.At least you would know if it was that or not.

OK I'll bite...how do you get to the sensors in 10 minutes? Aren't those attached to the tanks? You aren't talking about the monitor panel are you?

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #82
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Sensor

Isnt one of the sensors on the outside of the airstream where the dump valve is?It has the telephone wire attached to it.Am I wrong?If so where are the sensors.The dealer told me they replaced that one to get it to work.What is the gray scew in plug for then.It looked like it had a computer chip in it with some soft silicone covering it up.If I am wrong I am sorry but I would really like to know what that is though.I remember putting up a post about having bugs in it and it was leaking but I found the fix for it.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #83
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Picture

Here is what I was talking about.What is this?I thought this was a sensor.Sorry about that.I did not know it was something else.Would someone please tell me what it is?

It is the gray plug on your right with the wire attached to it.
I just sent Airstream the picture and asked if they could tell me what it was.I will let everyone know once I get an answer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1093380_640x480.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	30640  

Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #84
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Ok...

I just got an e-mail back from Airstream and they told me that this is the sensor and works by the weight of the water.
Here is the e-mail he had sent.

Mr.Martin,
The grey piece that the wire plugs into is the tank sensor. It works by measuring the liquid pressure in the tank and sending the information to the display.
Dick Deardurff
Customer Relations