Old 05-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2004 22' Safari
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Micro Plus Monitor - monitoring battery only

Have searched through threads looking for info on this particular problem.

A new me 04 Safari - on pick up the tank monitor was demonstrated to be working. First night out only thing that it appears to be monitoring is the battery.

Looked at the calibration and reset instructions etc but in this case it will not work as I can not get all the lights beside the various tanks to light up - battery only once it goes through start up mode.

On start all the lights flash up and down the monitor a few times before going green against the battery only. Try pressing again to check status of another tank and nothing - will show status of battery only.

Checked behind the panel and all the tank sensor wires are plugged into the monitor. Have no idea were under the trailer these may connect at the other end (other than probe into tanks) - is there someplace they all tie into gather that could have come loose ... any hints as to location appreciated - do I need to remove the underside covers from the trailer to see them?

Is there a fuse someplace or a battery connection I should be looking at? Seems strange all three tank monitors would fail at the same time... or is the monitor simple toast? or am I simple doing something totally wrong.

As a side note PO did recently change over to 2 6volt battery system recently but has indicated that the monitor worked since and as indicated it did appear to be working when I picked up the trailer.

Thanks in advance for any ideas as to the problem.

Northerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Charlotte , North Carolina
This sounds familiar. A couple of years ago we were having trouble with our panel and I discovered that a gunked up connection to the black tank sensor was causing the whole thing to go haywire. Disconnecting that sensor's wire at the control unit brought the panel back to life.

Since you have already figure out how to access the back of that panel, it would be worth a couple of minutes to see what the system does when you power it on with a sensor disconnected -- one at a time, starting with black...

teagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2004 22' Safari
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try in the morning.
Northerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote