Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
st. ann , Missouri
Low water pressure

Hi fellow Airstreamers-

Question:
I disconnected my standard water line from the park's water source
and replaced with my heated line. When I turn on my facets the water comes out in a nice stream but then trickles to a stop. My water pressure was good before changing lines. Heated line is not blocked or clogged. If I activate my pump the water pressure is strong. Note water is not coming from tanks they are empty

Any ideas what my problem may be?

Thanks!
Softshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Might try checking the city water inlet on your trailer. Usually there is a mesh filter there and possibly something in the heated line (dirt, grass, cobwebs, etc...) made it that far and it blocking flow.
Also check the little removable mesh screens on the faucets themselves.

A few of the things that made quite a difference in a similiar situation I had earlier this year.
truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
cave city , Kentucky
If you have strong pressure when you first open a line and then the pressure dies your problem is something is obstrucing the flow - something is blocking the line or a valve is not all the way open. truxpin gave good advice. If the problem is at every outlet then your problem is before every outlet - near the tie-in with city water. I would check everything you changed because before the changes you had good pressure. Good luck
unit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
My first thought is to return to the standard hose. Does adequate flow return with it in place? If yes, further inspection of the heated hose is needed. If not, then the previous suggestion about the inlet screen is a good bet. If the screen is missing or damaged, junk may have become lodged in the onboard pressure regulator or one-way valve.

The pump has me stumped unless the FW tank isn't as empty as you think. The city water should tee into the high side of the pump. Turning the pump on draws water from the FW tank and applies pressure to the high side equal to the output of the pump. If the city pressure exceeds the pump, the pump won't come on. If you are certain the FW tank is empty, then someone may have plumbed the city water to the low side of the pump and installed a one-way valve to prevent the city water from flooding the FW tank. I'm just speculating on how the pump might increase pressure without water in the FW tank.