Old 08-15-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Washington , Illinois
Loose Grohe Faucet?

We have a 2012 International Serenity with the Grohe kitchen faucet. The entire faucet tower itself seems to be loose relative to the countertop. I looked underneath to see if there was a nut to tighten the faucet to the countertop and I didn't see one. There is what looks to be a threaded portion of the faucet that goes down to the bottom of the countertop, but nothing obvious to turn, or a simple way to tighten the faucet to the countertop. Anyone else experienced this, or know how to fix this?

Josh

jnuechte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Not familiar with this particular design, but I am surprised there is not a large nut up there to tighten - did you look with a flashlight? Might be hard to reach without a basin wrench available form Home Depot or similar.

Is it possible AS forgot to secure it? You do hear of lots of QC issues!

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Pull out spray? Horseshoe shaped brass "nut" underneath?
If this is the case advise and I will tell you how to do it.
If not snap a pic and I'll still tell you how.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Washington , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinCal View Post
Pull out spray? Horseshoe shaped brass "nut" underneath?
If this is the case advise and I will tell you how to do it.
If not snap a pic and I'll still tell you how.
Alan, Yes it is a pull out spray, with the horseshoe shaped mount, though I was unaware that itself was a "nut". So what is the secret to securing this faucet? Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
That faucet needs some assembly when installed, the actual spout radius that connects the faucet body to the spray head is shipped loose in the box.
So two ways of going about it, first I'll try to describe how it's done as new which would require reversing. The main valve body sans spout goes into the sink/counter and the horseshoe fitting is held up under the counter and over the threaded shaft that also extends up to later accept the spout, that shaft is rotated by a small supplied tool and into the horseshoe fitting thus securing the valve body to the counter or sink hole, then the spout radius is installed over this shaft and then the spray hose and head are installed into this spout radius with end of hose looping down below the sink and attached via a black plastic coupling to the main valve body near the horseshoe fitting.
So hopefully that makes sense and you could follow?
But you don't need to go all the way back to square one to tighten things up, take the spout radius and lift straight up and off the shaft spout and all, this will expose the shaft and with a good set of channel locks or other tighten the shaft back into the horseshoe nut, being carefull not to damage the shaft or the o rings that are on it. It may require a good tug up to raise the spout but the only thing holding it down is 2 o rings and gravity.

Alan
Old 08-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Washington , Illinois
Quote:
That faucet needs some assembly when installed, the actual spout radius that connects the faucet body to the spray head is shipped loose in the box.
So two ways of going about it, first I'll try to describe how it's done as new which would require reversing. The main valve body sans spout goes into the sink/counter and the horseshoe fitting is held up under the counter and over the threaded shaft that also extends up to later accept the spout, that shaft is rotated by a small supplied tool and into the horseshoe fitting thus securing the valve body to the counter or sink hole, then the spout radius is installed over this shaft and then the spray hose and head are installed into this spout radius with end of hose looping down below the sink and attached via a black plastic coupling to the main valve body near the horseshoe fitting.
So hopefully that makes sense and you could follow?
But you don't need to go all the way back to square one to tighten things up, take the spout radius and lift straight up and off the shaft spout and all, this will expose the shaft and with a good set of channel locks or other tighten the shaft back into the horseshoe nut, being carefull not to damage the shaft or the o rings that are on it. It may require a good tug up to raise the spout but the only thing holding it down is 2 o rings and gravity.
So you say to pull up on the spout radius, however the handle that turns the water on/off is on top of this. So when I pull up does the handle come up and off too? Or in other words, literally step one walk up to the faucet, step two pull up on the spout radius and it with the on/off handle, and sprayer hose will all come up revealing the threaded shaft that needs tightened?

Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spout.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	292332  
Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Oops should have waited for the pic, this is a different style than I gave directions for. That style has the control in the body below the spout.
I will investigate this one, but if it does have the horseshoe nut then it has to be threaded into from above.
Stand by....

Alan
Old 08-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Look to see if there is a nut below the horseshoe fitting, I think I led you astray with the earlier post( i had a style in my head that was not yours)

Alan
Old 08-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
I think your faucet will be similar to this style with a small nut below the horseshoe fitting
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gr-33933002.pdf (1.17 MB, 46 views)

Alan
Old 08-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Washington , Illinois
Quote:
I think your faucet will be similar to this style with a small nut below the horseshoe fitting
Alan,

Thanks for the information. Sorry for being tardy in my response I have been out of town and not on the forums. The next chance I get to run out to the trailer I will get a better look and pictures and hopefully we can figure this out. Thanks in advance!!

Josh
Old 08-15-2019, 02:13 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
Q , British Columbia
GROHE Loose Quick Fix