Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Blenheim Ontario , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog06 View Post
Keep an eye on the water filter under the sink. It's a notorious leaker.
TRUE!
MelGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATownTX View Post
Is the leak continuous or intermittent?

I have had a similar leak from under the galley sink but the leak is intermittent. It usually happens soon after hooking up to city water. In all instances I would wipe up the puddle and it wouldn't appear again. So it makes me think it's some kind of pressure issue (water hammer???) and that the system just had to "settle in" so to speak and seal itself. I have my first annual service next week and will bring it up to them then.

If I were you I would see if you can fix it or manage it yourself. These trailers aren't maintenance free even out of the starting gate, and just driving down the road flexes the trailer and all it's systems. This is your shakedown cruise - so to speak - where everything tries to find its equilibrium, and this is where problems will usually manifest themselves. So, it's nothing against the dealer or Airstream necessarily. The US Navy and Cruise ship companies all do shake down cruises for this reason

Of course, if you can't solve it yourself, bring it to the dealer with the rest of your punch list of items to get fixed.
I HAD AN ACCUMULATOR INSTALLED TO SOFTEN "WATER HAMMER'.
After IT LEAKED ALL OVER THE PLACE DUE TO AN IMPROBERLY TIGHTENED HOSE CLAMP, IT WORKED FINE.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
The as has a regulator already installed, it is where you hook your water supply hose ...:
Yes. but is it reliable?
It seems that a number of items installed on AS and SOBs are the result of "How cheap can I buy it for in quantity"?
This is a PAs leading question when costing out a production item.

Me? I have a Valtera regulator that is rated for 50-55 PSI, as a back-up, and to protect the hose.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948

"But will it work in Flin-Flon"?
Sign on Donald Douglas' desk.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Middletown , California
It's not a leak, it's the built in "sock washing feature" some people order!
ijustlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
2019 27' Globetrotter
2017 25' International
Chicago , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBird64 View Post
If by chance you hooked up to the campground water supply and the pressure was too high for your AS, then you run the risk of over pressurizing your system and "showing up" any connections not thoroughly tight.
I wish I could say that I considered this when going on the maiden voyage, but we just had electric hookup, so we filled the freshwater/potable water tank and used that.

I WILL be getting a pressure regulator though, as well as a surge protector given the posts in the forums.
StreamingEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:42 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Laguna Niguel , California
Cool

We had the same problem . I tightened the toilet bolts NO FIX, I had the toilet seal replaced at the dealer NO FIX ? I thought that maybe the water left in the bowel after flushing may have sloshed over the top of the toilet bowel during rough and windy roads and guess what THAT WAS IT !! So now while on the road and stopping to use the toilet we flush and then turn off the water pump and flush again to purge all the water from the toilet bowel and NO MORE WATER ON THE FLOOR YEPEEE!! That was our fix because it was not a plumbing problem . Try this technique and see if it works for your rig
TSOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Panama City , Florida
This forum really is great to bring up points exactly like this one. I don't want to sound naive as to think when you write a check for a new AS you just figure everything should work as....well....new, but you'd at least hope so. Luckily my rig is still sitting on the dealers lot awaiting for my upcoming move so I think I'll go run the water systems and make sure everything is set for special sea detail. I'm sure Terry wouldn't mind if I did that. Terry....Terry??? You on this channel Terry?
OSCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #29
Cloudland2

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Trenton , Georgia
The Dometic toilet on our '16 FC wouldn't hold water, the spherical valve thing. Dealer attempted a fix twice without success. After returning home, took the trailer to local camping world (Dometic dealer) and they contacted Dometic and they shipped a complete replacement toilet installed a week later at no charge. No problem since
davidrrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Camarillo , California
Make sure you open all of the windows when you turn on your furnace for the first time. Smoke from the burn-off is noxious.
loft47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Gold Country , California
If it's the same layout as ours, it's the water heater. Ours leaks out of the overflow valve, which leaks through under the drawer of our twin beds and then into the restroom (differs based on trailer leveling). Not a huge deal once it's figured out.

Good luck!
NorCal Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:16 AM   #32
ntsbltsrvits

2015 27' FB International
2016 30' International
Eagle , Idaho
One my second trip out I noticeda small puddle of water outside of the bathroom wall, after traveling. Couldn't figure that one out. Then, a month or so later, found a small puddle inside the bathroom behind the toilet.
I don't think it was splashing out during travel as I only keep 2" of water in the toilet.
I spent a few minutes with the toilet and found the nylon plastic inlet fitting to be loose. It is at he the base in back. I hand tightened this fitting.
Then...I had warranty work being done a few weeks later. The vinyl floor was catching on and bunching up at the bathroom wall corner. The dealer called in the flooring experts to repair this. They cut open the floor and found it wet under the vinyl! The dealer replaced the toilet ring, which I don't think was the problem. I think the problem was the leaky inlet.
Cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
I don't think it was splashing out during travel as I only keep 2" of water in the toilet.
2" is a lot of water to keep in there while traveling. That could easily splash out. We try to make it more like 1/2" - just enough to keep it wet.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:03 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
You may want to unscrew the toilet connection. The water pooling there must be running down the pipe. Check the threads aren't stripped. Screw it back on tight. Not sure if there is a washer on these. Before using city water, turn on the water pump. Put a dry rag under the toilet. If the pump burps intermittently after building pressure there is a leak. Check the dry rag. If it's wet then the leak is still occurring. Try to do as much troubleshooting yourself with the plumbing so you can inform the dealer. Good luck

Kelvin